1

Rewrote it quickly lol enjoy•

___

The keys on my laptop clash as I type. I was working on some paperwork, needing to get it done before the week was over. It was early; no one was here.

The computer screen was blinding me, a short pain residing in my head. I never thought I'd work an office job, but here I am. I blink, rubbing my eyes to soothe them.

A knock resonates on my door. Looking up, I allow them to enter. Ms.Shin is holding a vase of flowers in her hands as she walks in. Her face was slightly scrunched in disgust.

"Mr.Seo, these were delivered here for you. Where would you like me to put them?"

I raise an eyebrow, waving her to come forward. "Who brought them here?"

"I'm not sure. I believe it was a man from the local flower shop. I could ask the front desk. I'd like to make a suggestion to have these thrown out. The smell is putrid."

I stand, "let me see. Is there a letter?"

She shakes her head. "No. The delivery man showed me who it was for and that was it."

"Alright. I will dispose of them myself. Thank you."

She bows, leaving and shutting the door behind her. The flower smell was overwhelming. The stench stung my nose, almost making my eyes water. Why were they delivered like this? They looked so vibrant, but smelled so rotten.

I look for a tag or any indication on who sent these to me, but there was nothing. I check my phone, seeing no new messages. I'd have to ask the boys later. They were both working.

If the boys did send them, I appreciated the thought. I'm just curious as to how the flowers ended up so bad? And if the shop knew of this, why wouldn't they send better ones?

I press a button on my phone, calling the janitorial service to come pick up the trash. For now, they will sit by the door.

-

The engine dies down when I flick the key and take it out. The night is so quiet as I step out, besides the random cars beeping and crickets chirping.

"Binnie, that you?" Jisung calls, poking his head out from the living room. "Hi, handsome. How was work?"

"Not bad, but not good. Lots of paperwork. How was your day?"

"It was good. The kids I had today were the usual ones, but we got a new one today. He's pretty shy, but opened up when I talked to him. I think he'll make it in the daycare," he giggles, thinking back to his job.

I love that Jisung loves his job. I didn't think he was a kid person at first, but the way he handles them is really sweet. He has a caretaker undertone in his personality. I love that about him.

"I'm glad your day was good, baby," I smile, going to go kiss him. It was short and sweet. I liked them longer, but I was tired.

"Oh! You have some mail on your desk. I'll get your plate of dinner and heat it up." He scurries away. He was always energetic. I couldn't understand how.

When I get to my home office, I turn the light on. There's an envelope in red. I frown, looking at the address of which it was sent. There was nothing. Just my name and address.

I tear it open, immediately noticing weird lumps inside. When I pour it out, pieces of dried up flowers crumble onto my desk. The flowers had the same, disgusting smell as the ones from earlier. The smell envelops the room, forcing me to open a window. My stomach churns. A note falls with them.

"What the fuck?" I mutter under my breath, grabbing the note.

Why did you throw me out? Why did you kill me? It's deeply rude to throw out a gift.

The fuck? Who would write such a thing? I shout to my boyfriend, hoping he'd have some answers. Even if he did, how would he know I threw them out? It's not like he stopped by.

"Hey, lovely! Did you send flowers to me at work today?"

"No, why?" He yells back. "Did you get some?"

The feeling worsens when his response is what I had expected. Who the hell sent this? This couldn't be Chan, could it?

"Yeah," I say back, but I don't think he could hear me.

"Your dinner is done!"

I set out the flower bits and note back into the envelope. My bottom right drawer had a lock. I didn't want them to wonder where it came from. I know it probably wasn't them.

When I walk to the kitchen, I rub my temples. That stench really got to me. "Um, I'm not really hungry right now. I don't feel so well. I'm going to go lay down."

He frowns, coming up to me and feeling my forehead. "Well you're not feverish. Maybe you're just tired. Are you sure you don't anything to eat? It could help."

"I'm sure. My stomach is really upset right now. Thank you, though. And can you open some windows? It's a bit stuffy."