EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. sea-storm eyes !

the enchanted forest

the enchanted forest . now .

THE FACADE THAT LANCELOT HAD BEEN KEEPING FELL QUICKLY AWAY, and a storm of electric purple smoke rose up around him only to fade away and reveal Cora, standing cockily with a sinister smirk and elegant updo.

"Clever girl." Cora mocked Snow, almost a little impressed. "And smart boy. You were on to me for a while, weren't you?" Cora addressed Christopher.

Snow spoke to take the attention off the boy, "Where's Lancelot?"

"He's dead. I killed him a long time ago." Cora admitted coldly.

"And you've been posing as him ever since." Snow stated, keeping a strong facade even at the news of her friend's death.

"Well, they'd never listen to me." Cora smirked, "And, besides, every kingdom needs a hero, don't you think?"

Snow thrust her sword toward Cora's chest, being blocked by a shimmering blue shield of magic before she was knocked back and thrown up against a wall, choking on the swirl of power Cora emitted. Emma rushed to help, but was quickly tossed to the side as if she was a simple fly to be swat away.

This left Christopher, his slingshot poised and ready as he loosened his grip on the string and let the relatively large stone fly.

The rock didn't make it far before clattering to the floor, and Christopher momentarily had the wind knocked out of him as he joined it, kicking and struggling against the magic that pressed him down into the marble and slid him a few feet away from Cora.

While the trio was no longer a threat, Cora addressed Snow again.

"Thank you, Snow." She mocked in that terribly sinister rasp. "I've been looking for a way over for so long."

Christopher struggled against Cora's magic as Emma tried her best to get to the wretched woman and put an end to all these tricks. Her attempt did nothing, as an enchanted rich red carpet wrapped around her legs like sentient quick sand, and she consequently fell back to the floor.

"I never thought the person to help me find it would be you." Cora smiled tauntingly.

Snow fought to speak through the uncomfortable sensation of suffocation, "Why are you doing this?" She asked brokenly.

"I want to see my daughter. It's been too long." Cora mused, "And, you know, I would love to meet my grandson, Henry."

"No, you won't." Emma shouted determinedly.