THIRTY-NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. sunlit skies & nervous smiles !

 sunlit skies & nervous smiles !

storybrooke maine .

THE TENDER RAYS OF GOLDEN SUNLIGHT FLOODED WINNIFRED'S ROOM, basking her rosy cheeks in the warm glow. The atmosphere reminded her of the delicate nature of dandelion fluff- a soundless masterpiece that blew softly away in the gentle breeze that was her son, opening her bedroom door.

"Mama?" Christopher whispered, trying to avoid the creaky floorboards as he shuffled closer.

Winnie hummed sleepily, pulling herself out of her mindless wandering as Christopher hopped up and cuddled into her plush duvet, "What are you doing awake, darling?"

Her only response was a rumbling tummy and quiet, stifled giggling.

"Well, I suppose that's our answer." Winnie teased, poking at Christopher's side as she pulled herself into a sitting position and leaned against her headboard, "How did everyone sleep?"

Christopher grinned cheekily, "I think Denahi snores louder than both Kenai and Koda."

Winnie chuckled softly, pushing away her covers, coincidentally tossing them over Christopher who only laughed and untangled himself before swiftly joining in her routine morning stretch- reaching way up high and then touching the floor.

Once she had successfully woken herself up and loosened her sleep-stiffened joints, Winnie turned to her son, "Shall we see if anyone else is interested in some breakfast?"

"Can we have waffles?" Christopher asked excitedly.

"Does Denahi like waffles?" Winnie considered thoughtfully, ruffling the boy's hair.

"I'll ask him!" Christopher then took off back out the door and Winnie could hear quiet laughter and groaning huffs coming from their living room.

Yesterday returned to her in happy little seconds as she brushed through her hair and put it up into her usual space buns.

She recalled the way they had all walked home, a mess of laughter and joy and growling huffs- and when they'd come upon the front door and realised Kenai was now far too big to fit through, they just laughed some more and teamed up to push the cub into the living room, as if he were a bear stuck in a rabbit hole.

Winnie pushed her glasses onto her nose as she quietly joined the boys, amusedly eyeing the ever so slightly broken door frame of the front entrance.