THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. a leap of faith !

the enchanted forest

the enchanted forest . now .

CHRISTOPHER TOOK HIS TIME ADMIRING THE FOREST SURROUNDING THEM AS THEY WALKED. The emerald green plants with dotted white flowers creating a delicate and rather beautiful atmosphere.

He'd hardly thought about the Enchanted Forest since the curse had broken... simply by itself, without the danger, it was a rather gorgeous setting.

He couldn't help but remember a time when he called this realm his home.

Somewhere, in the centre of the Hundred Acre Woods, there was a house carved from a felled tree. A house that used to shelter his little family of fluffy paws and warm hearts.

He began to miss it. His home.

But then he looked up at the tall, wonderfully beautiful trees and completely disregarded the idea.

His mama... his brothers... wherever they were- that was his home.

The trees began to thin out as the group moved tirelessly, trailing after Snow as she put her tracking skills to good use once again. The terrain was slowly becoming more and more barren, the ground beneath their feet changing from dirt, grass, and flowers- to packed sand and gravelled textures.

"Christopher, if a fight breaks out, I want you to try and stay out of the way, alright?" Emma muttered, slowing down to walk next to the boy.

Christopher nodded slightly, not intending to throw himself into danger and risk everything when they were oh, so close to their victory.

The boy then imitated a bird whistle, addressing the few birds that still followed them from tree to tree.

Mulan listened intently, vaguely being able to understand what he'd said.

"Thank you, friends."

The birds tweeted back, a mess of noises as they all seemingly spoke over one another- assuring that only Christopher could make out their words.

Christopher responded easily with another whistle or two.

"Now would be the time to leave, for your safety."

Mulan looked up as a couple birds cawed and took flight, leaving the group to their own devices, while a dozen or so stayed, and continued to follow them, twiddling a reply to Christopher's concern.