Chapter 17

Jack's POV

"You what?!" Eddie yells at me.

I wince. Ella and I had decided to tell Eddie about what happened next to the front gate, and he flipped out.

"It was only short-" Ella tries to explain.

"No! There is no such thing as short! A kiss is a kiss! I can't believe you!" He says turning towards me.

"I'm sorry. It just happened-" Eddie cuts me off.

"I can't believe you! And I thought we could restart." he turns away from us.

"Eddie-" Ella tries again.

"No Ella." He leaves the house.

Jake runs out the door to catch up with Eddie. I turn to look at Ella. When we were walking back I had asked if she would like to go out with me, but she declined. She said she already knew heaps about me, but that's not why I asked her. I hardly knew anything about her. She looks up at me her brown eyes filled with tears. My shell breaks. I pull her into a hug resting my head on hers. She starts sobbing into my shoulder and I just rub her back in circles. She pulls away with a small smile on her face. What she does next is something I would never thought she would do. She stood on her tippy toes and kissed me. Only a peck, but it was something. I'm sure I've gone red because she starts giggling.

I stare into her eyes and ask one thing with my expression. She nods and I once again pull her towards me. She kinda laughs by not a full one. I smile at her which she replies back with a smirk. I lean towards her and she leans closer to me. Our lips meet and we're both hesitant but then I become more confident and start kissing her passionately. She loops her arms around my neck and me around her waist. I pull her closer to me, if that's even possible, and I kiss harder.

We hear a cough and we instantly break the kiss but I don't let her go. It's Eddie. Great, did he see all of that? But he didn't seem upset. He seemed, happy, almost.

"I take that back. I think we are starting over." He says shifting his gaze from Ella to me.

I swear I feel my cheeks going red. Eddie only chuckles then looks back at Ella.

"Could I talk to you for a moment?" He says and he starts to walk to the lounge.

Ella looks at me and smiles. Not a forceful smile. A real smile. One from her heart. She unwraps her arms from around my neck but I don't release her. When she realises I'm not letting go se frowns at me. I smile and I give her a peck, after which I let her go. She has a tint of red on her cheeks and I chuckle a bit watching her go into the lounge and out of site.

Jake walks up to me and I try and make myself look taller. Doesn't work. He towers over me even with me at my full height.

"I want you to take care of my sister." is all he says before walking down the corridor and up the stairs.

I stare at the way he left. He could of easily beat me up but he didn't. Ella comes running through the door and jumps onto me. I'm lucky I have a wall right behind me otherwise I would of fallen with the impact. She wraps her legs and arms around me tight. I wrap my arms around her back and hold her closer. She pulls her head back and kisses me with passion. This is all I've wanted ever since I met her. I kiss her back putting her on her ground again but we don't break the kiss. I suddenly need air and have to break the kiss, also Eddie was there and I had to ask them both why Ella was acting like this.

I look at Eddie and he just smiles. He must of told her something that would make her happy, and it has to be something about me. I look at Ella and she smiles back, her smile reaching ear to ear.

"Eddie said he'd give us a chance!" She says excitedly.

"And just to make it clear," Eddie says looking between us "no funny business alright?"

We nod and he leaves us. I put Ella down and she looks up at me. I must say her smile is very contagious. We walked over to the lounge and start watching Jake and Daniel battle it out in a video game. I wish we could stay like this, together. Not caring about anything, but of course life just has to change the facts doesn't it.