- SEVEN -

I didn't know what to do. The youngest Malfoy was laying on the ground unconscious and I didn't know how or why. He didn't seem to be bleeding anywhere and I had already checked his pulse, finding out he was at least still alive. At first it seemed like he just fainted, and it shouldn't take too long before he would wake up.

I was wrong. After two minutes he still hadn't regained his consciousness and I didn't even know how long he'd already been unconscious before I got here. I took out my wand and pushed it against his throat. My mind was racing as I went over all the spells, I'd learned in the past few years. None of them seemed to do the trick, none except one I hadn't really practiced yet. I sighed desperately trying to think of anything else – any other solution.

It didn't seem like a great plan to bring him to the infirmary. Being a Gryffindor had its disadvantages at the moment – especially if it included an unconscious Death Eater. I tried to calm down, but my heart was beating so fast I was pretty sure I'd faint if I couldn't fix this. "Rennervate," I mumbled and, for a short moment, nothing seemed to happen. That was before blood ran out of his ears. "That can't be good," I muttered trying to suppress the panic burning through my body. I put my wand against his head this time to cast another spell "Episkey."

At least the bleeding stopped, but it didn't do much else. I hope I didn't fry his brain or something. I tried Rennervate again, this time moving my wand. Light emitted from it and I immediately knew I succeeded. Malfoy groaned and opened his eyes, staring at me with a confused look on his face. "What are you doing here?" he asked in a snappy voice as he immediately sat upright.

Since I'd been hovering above him just moments ago our noses almost touched, and I blinked a few times just staring at him. He stared back with his grey eyes, waiting for an answer without backing down. "I... I w-wanted to talk," I stammered as I quickly stood up to get him out of my personal space. Great work. My subconscious sneered, clearly unhappy with my awkward response. Malfoy smirked while he got up as well, not averting his eyes from mine even for one second. "Your face is flustered," he pointed out with the sly smile still plastered on his face. I glared at him, unable to think of a comeback.

"What happened anyway?" I asked, trying to change the subject, but he just turned around and walked off towards the teachers' desk again. He sat in the same spot as yesterday before staring at the door. I took the hint and closed the door – in my blind panic I'd totally forgotten about it. "I don't know," he finally answered. He didn't seem too bothered by it and didn't even think about thanking me for getting him out of his odd comatose state. It almost seemed as if it happened more often, but then again if something like that frequently happened to me I'd be freaking out.

His right hand moved up to his ear and frowned when he noticed it was covered in blood. "What in the bloody hell did you do?" "Trying to get your consciousness back? You're welcome by the way," I snapped back. He didn't have to be such an asshole about it, but it was good to know I didn't fry his brains out. He was still functioning just fine.

He tried to clean his ears when he spoke again "I'm not really interested in talking to you." I stared at him annoyed, not backing down this time. "Like I care. I want to know what you said to your fellow Slytherin students," I demanded but, upon seeing his confused face, I was quite certain he had no clue what I was talking about. "I hardly talk to them," he stated in a bored voice. Doesn't he boss them around anymore? I wondered, although I kept my thoughts to myself for a change.

"They're calling me by my first name and greeting me. There must be something you said." He looked at me, obviously baffled by my words. "They're greeting you?" I nodded as an answer and, while thinking, he went with his hand over his face as if he was a sorrowful old man. I smiled at the thought, but it vanished quickly once his eyes met mine once more.

Suddenly he began to laugh. I had never heard Draco Malfoy genuinely laugh before in my life and, to my surprise, it was a really nice, heartily laugh. With some people you imagine they have a weird laugh. Like the cackling, Bellatrix Lestrange kind of laugh. Well, he definitely proved me wrong. I even found myself kind of liking the sound.

What I didn't like however, was the next thing he told me. "It's probably a rumor Pansy is spreading around," he laughed shortly before continuing "She probably told them you slept with me."

My world stopped for just a split second – then rage starting to run through my veins. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I raised my voice, feeling furious. Apparently, he is fucking you. My subconscious said, clearly pleased with herself for the bad joke. "I don't get it. Aren't you guys, like, together or something? Why doesn't this bother you?" I asked with a disgusted look on my face. Even the thought of the Parkinson girl made me feel nauseous inside. "No, I broke up with her over the summer. I was done playing with her, so I suppose she's trying to get back at me by saying I slept with a filthy Gryffindor," he said, mimicking my disgusted expression. For some reason my heart jumped, but I ignored it.

"Filthy Gryffindor? We both know I'm at least ten times more attractive than Pansy will ever be," I said with a smug look on my face. To my surprise, he didn't even argue. We just stared at each other for a while until I decided it was getting awkward and it was time for me to go.

"Just keep in mind that I'd rather bang Neville before I'd ever do you," I could see the smirk crossing over his face, both of us remembering the conversation we had just a few days ago. I walked off and just before the door closed behind me, I heard his voice once more "I don't think he'd mind doing you."