- FOUR -

I took a deep breath – holding my head high while I walked inside the Dark Arts classroom. Frightened wasn't a word in my dictionary, but I think this feeling was as close to that as it would get. A few heads turned my way and my first thought was that everyone knew.

You did this to yourself. If you hadn't been so stupid and just walked away, nothing would've happened.

My subconscious snapped at me – she didn't seem pleased. Of course she wasn't, I wasn't either, but I didn't regret it. Sure, Harry and Draco had been archenemies since the first day of school. My encounters with Draco had been some of the worst in my time at Hogwarts as well. But even after all that had happened the past few years, I didn't think Malfoy deserved to be tortured. I admit I wouldn't mind hitting him in the face sometimes, and I savor the memory of Hermione doing just that a few years back, but torturing someone was on a whole other level.

I sat down next to Seamus. He looked at me from the corner of his eyes, which made me think that everyone indeed knew whatever it was that happened just half an hour ago. "Have you heard?" he asked, and I slightly jumped in my seat, shaking my head a little too fast. Seamus furrowed his brow at my reaction before continuing "Amycus Carrow is giving us Dark Arts."

As if that was an introduction the man walked inside – staring down at all of us. His face was quite pig-like with tiny eyes. He reminded me of a more creepy, manly version of Pansy Parkinson. His eyes scanned the room and, as if he was disgusted at the sight of Gryffindors, he sniffed irritated. An odd feeling surfaced, something I couldn't quite comprehend. "Where's Malfoy?" the man snapped without as much as an introduction. My heart started beating so fast it almost seemed like it wanted to get out of my chest – this was it.

"Here," Malfoy answered from the entrance. I turned my head in shock to see him standing in the doorway. "You're late." It was obvious that wasn't the reason why Carrow asked about the whereabouts of Malfoy, but everyone kept the thought to themselves.

Before Carrow could say anything else, Malfoy interrupted him "Snape ordered me to dismiss Miss Blackwood from this class. She's requested for something else."

What?

My subconscious stared at me in horror and my face fell. This was a sudden change of evens that neither of us liked. Did Malfoy himself turn me in? That would be pathetic, even for someone like him. My mind raced with different scenarios, but neither of them looked any good. The stares I got from my fellow Gryffindors was one I wouldn't forget for a long time; doubt. Why would Snape want to see me otherwise? It must be because I sided with the Death Eaters. Can you imagine the headlines?

Downfall of Harry Potter thanks to allegiance from his former best friend; Elizabeth Sophia Blackwood.

"Well?" I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts by Carrow's voice, whom was already pointing his wand at me. What had he said again?

I stood up, ignoring all the stares – the disgusted faces. Instead I focused my eyes on familiar grey ones. His face was one solid, cold expression. He didn't care. Or was that just a mask? At this exact moment I couldn't care less either way. Even if he'd beg me for forgiveness, I wouldn't give it to him. That was, of course, if I would even survive my punishment.