●Chapter Four●

Back at the court, we find we have our BYE round and are reffing. Daichi and I opted to sit outside, Which, I'm not sure anyone was happy we did, but oh well. 

We laid on the grass outside, just looking up at the clouds. 

"That one looks like a dang pokemon!" Daichi pointed up to what looked like a blob to me. I just shrugged. 

"Am...am I good enough for the team…" I said almost at a whisper. 

"What? Where's that coming from? Of course you are! You wouldn't be my vice captain if you weren't." He said. He rolled over to face me and took one if my hands in his. 

"Promise?"

"I promise a hundred times over." He reassured me. 

"I...I'm sorry I'm kind of a mental case right now."

"Don't apologize. We all go through it. Some just have it worse than others."

"I just feel like I'm dragging everyone down." I sat up. 

"I promise, you're not." 

"Okay. Sorry." I apologized again. He did something I never thought he'd do…

"Can I try something?" He asked. I gave a confused look and nodded. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me. It took me a second to pull myself out of shock, but I kissed back. 

"Didn't know you rolled that way." I laughed. 

"I roll both ways." He replied. 

"I roll all of the ways.'' I laughed. 

"God, I can actually say this to your face now, you're fucking adorable when you laugh." 

"I…"

"Sorry...couldn't resist."

"It's fine I just...I'm not sure I'm ready for a relationship. I'm worried I'll drag you down with me."

"I'll wait. No matter how long, I'll wait for you to be ready. And until then, I'll be right here as your absolute best friend." He said. 

"Thank you." I said, plopping back down into the grass. He just smiled at me. 

"That one looks like a crown." I pointed to a cloud. 

"Listen, I think the pokemon one is cooler." He laughed. 

"Okay, but what pokemon is it? There's eight hundred some pokemon now, it's gotta look like one of them."

"I don't know? It looks like one of the dragon tales dragons too…kinda your basic cartoon dragon."

"Goodra? The slime dragon that likes hugs."

"What?" He looked at me confused. My knowledge of pokemon is too much for him. 

"Gen 6, purple dragon."

"I'm still confused." He said. I just laughed. 

"I'll show you later." I said. 

*~*

In our next game, up against Nekoma, we started with our double setter lineup. I started in the back at the service spot while Kageyama started in the middle up front. It was our serve first, meaning I had first serve of the game. Fun fun. 

I sent it over, trying to get it just barely over the net, thinking if I can just get it to a place they can't get easily we'll take the set. 

It worked the first two times, but they caught on quick. Kuroo had a smirk on his face, one that said "Ooh, better try next time."