●Chapter Twenty-One●

At dinner we planned what we were gonna do the rest of the night. 

"So...are we gonna practice a bit before going to the dorms?" Daichi asked. 

"Nah, I'm really just in the mood to get stoned." Kuroo said, drawing circles on the table with his finger. 

"Rainbow Road while high sounds terrifying." I said. 

"Oh well, we're gonna try it. If it's too much we can switch the course." Kenma said. 

"So, back to an earlier conversation...You guys can actually get high to the point where you wake up high the next day?" I laughed, still not believing them. 

"Yes, I swear to God, Suga. It's possible." Kuroo explained again. 

"Fine, you'll just have to prove it." I shrugged. 

"Fine, I will." He laughed. 

"You guys act like you're three." Kenma shook his head. We do, but meh, you gotta sometimes. Keeps things interesting. 

*~*

Back at the dorms, Kenma set up the projector with the switch while Me, Daichi, Kuroo, Noya, and Bokuto passed around a vape. 

"Y'all aren't scared of getting caught?" Asahi asked. 

"Nope, Coach knows about it." I shrugged. 

"He knows about it...and doesn't give a shit?" Asahi almost didn't believe it. 

"Yep." I shrugged. 

"That's...okay then." He was surprised. 

"Wanna hit?" Daichi asked. 

"I'll try it, I guess." He shrugged, grabbing the pen. 

"Whatcha think?" Noya asked him as he coughed the smoke out. 

"I feel nothing." He said, passing the thing. 

"Take a few more, you're a bigger dude. One hit ain't gonna do shit." Kuroo said. He took hits in turn like everyone else. At six hits, it all hit at once and he was absolutely baked. 

"I don't know how Noya felt how he did, I just feel hungry and tired as shit. I get the lightheaded thing though, but it's weird, I actually like it." 

"Yeah, that's a normal response too. Everyone's different." Kenma said. 

"I'm not tired, I'm just calm and have no anxiety and depression for once in my life." I put in. 

"That's a whole mood." Daichi said, puffing the vape and passing it to me. 

"Yall high enough to play?" Kenma asked. 

"Not yet." Kuroo laughed. 

"Should I pass the other pen and a bowl? Do we gotta go outside for this shit?" Kenma asked. 

"Let's take it outside,"  Kuroo said, "I'm gonna outsmoke all of you." 

"Yeah right. You'll never outsmoke me." Kenma rolled his eyes, leading the way to the side of the dorm building. Kenma lit the bowl and started passing it. 

Asahi tapped out first, saying he didn't want to get too high. I mean, fair. First time smoking, can't blame him. Noya tapped soon after, practically falling asleep while taking a hit. Daichi also tapped out because he didn't wanna try and wake up high, just wanted to play Mario kart high. Me, Bokuto, Kenma, and Kuroo kept going until we ended up running one of the cartridges out. Kenma seemed like he was barely up there, but I expected that because he smokes all the time. Kuroo and Bokuto were pretty up there, though I'm sure at least Bokuto was crossfaded, seeing as he had a waterbottle with him that looked similar to the other ones he had. And me...well...I was absolutely gone. Laughing, stumbling over words, making zero sense. 

"Can he even hold a controller?" Daichi whispered. 

"No idea. Let's try it." Kuroo said, leading us back up to the dorm. 

I sat against the back wall next to Daichi, cuddling up waiting for us to start Mario kart. Kenma passed around controllers. We could only do four player, so we had to take turns. Kenma, Kuroo, Bokuto and I started first, the loser would rotate out. Of course, Kenma decided to play the trippiest rainbow road map on the game with a full roster of stoned players. 

Let's just say rainbow road was an absolute trip. None of us could stay on the track, or straight. We all were laughing, screaming, just having a great time. That is, we were until Coach came in and yelled at us. 

"What are you kids doing that you're you're fucking loud!?!"

"Mario kart while high." Kuroo laughed, pulling his kart into first place. 

"God, quiet down and get some sleep. I swear to God I'm not taking the blame if you guys suck tomorrow."

"We'll be fine." Kenma said as he activated a red shell. 

"Whatever." I could almost hear the eye roll when he walked away.   

After the first lap, I couldn't do it anymore. Everything was spinning and it was giving me motion sickness. I handed my controller to Daichi and laid down on his thighs and tried to get my head to stop spinning. That's where I eventually wound up falling asleep.

Word Count; 801