●Chapter Twenty-Seven●

During the second round, we were up against Nekoma, Shinzen had a BYE. Yeah, Bokuto isn't so excited they lost. He's still in emo mode. 

We started with a double "setter" lineup. I was playing middle blocker. 

The first attack we had a chance to make, Kageyama sent me a ball like he would send Hinata. His sets are incredibly accurate...He made it easy to pull off a quick. The ball comes right to me.

I got it past and got us a point. 

"So you can hit them." Kageyama smiled. I smiled too. I can actually fucking do something. 

It was a fluke, you'll never do it again. 

Watch me. 

I got us 3 more points in a row pulling off quicks. 

"When the fuck did you have time to practice this?" Kuroo looked at me in shock from across the net. 

"I...I didn't." I said, just as surprised. I thought it'd take a time or two, but nope I got it just as quick as Hinata did. Maybe Coach was right, my adaptability is an asset to this team. 

That doesn't matter, you're a third year. 

More of a reason to show my worth and skill. 

*~*

We did well in the first set, but we didn't have the stamina to keep going like that forever. We ended up losing to Nekoma. I was worn out, my jumps were getting lower and lower, and Kuroo and Kenma were starting to be able to readblock me. 

"Nice game, guys, get some water. Fifteen minute break and then it's the last match." We heard Nekoma's coach yell out. I went and sat on the bench next to my coach and downed a good half of my water. 

"Nice game, kid. You really showed off."

"Kageyama did most of it. His sets are crazy. I see why he's the starter now." I said as I tried to catch my breath. 

"Stop that, give yourself some credit." He gently punched my shoulder. 

"Fine, fine. I do see what you mean about my adaptability. I caught on fast to his sets and won us the first set." 

"See, there we go. Maybe try and take Nishinoya's spot next?" He joked. I laughed along with him. 

"No one could outdo our crazy ass libero, I promise." 

"Oh, trust me. I'm fully aware."

"Thank you." I turned to him out of the blue. 

"Oh? For what?" He looked confused. 

"Just. Helping me. Helping me get onto the right path, Helping me when all I want to do is break, motivating me. Just. Thank you."

"Any time kiddo. Wanna help me refill bottles?" 

"Why not." I shrugged. 

We went and refilled all of the team bottles, having them snatched almost as soon as they were full. Can't blame them, we worked hard out there. But we'll need to work harder to make it to nationals.

Word Count; 482