●Chapter Twenty-Two●

When I woke up, I was next to Daichi who'd fallen asleep holding a controller. My head was still kind of spinning and I did indeed wake up high. Guess Kuroo wasn't lying. 

I picked up my phone and looked at the time, seeing we still had about an hour or so before the alarms went off to make that agonizing sound again. I pulled myself out of the blankets and grabbed stuff to take a quick shower. I turned on some music, the first song to play being Destiny by NEFFEX. Not my favorite song, but it wasn't horrible either. 

I sang along to it, and every song that came after. I was in there longer than I thought, I'd lost track of time completely and was still showering when my alarm had gone off. I took that as my cue to hurry and finish and get dressed for practice. 

When I walked back into the room, the others were already dressed. 

"Wake up high?" Kuroo asked. 

"Yep. I'm sorry I ever doubted you." I laughed. 

"Ha, let's go. We're gonna crush you again."

"I know." I rolled my eyes. Everyone will always crush us. At least here. 

At the gym, we had a BYE in the first round, so I sat outside with Daichi and sat in the sun. 

"It's really nice outside." Daichi said, laying back and enjoying the warm sun. 

"Definitely. Too bad we can't play outside." I joked. 

"I mean, I can go grab a ball and we can toss it."

"Nah, I'm good laying here." I laughed. Daichi moved closer and cuddled into me.  

This is such a waste of time. 

What else is there to do though?

We stayed like this until we were called into the gym for a match. 

*~*

At lunch, we sat around comparing ourselves. Mainly our serves. Everyone's interest at the moment seemed to be fixated on something Kageyama had tried to do during our last match; he tried to copy a serve he'd seen Oikawa do the first time we went against Aoba Johsai. Not surprised, he did play on the same court as him for a bit, but why is he only now trying to replicate his moves? 

Doesn't matter, you'll never be able to actually replicate them. 

They'll all advance faster than you ever will. 

"So, who do we play next?" I asked Daichi. 

"Nekoma."

"Haha, gonna get ya butts kicked." Kuroo leaned back in his chair. I watched as Kenma slipped his foot under one of the two legs that were still on the ground, causing Kuroo to fall. We all died laughing. 

"Oh, you're gonna pay for that one later." Kuroo shot a glare as he got up off the floor. 

"How so?" Kenma teased. 

"Oh, you'll see." Kenma just shrugged and dropped the conversation. 

You're really not a good fit in this group, ya know. 

I sat there zoning out. I ignored the world. To be honest, I was getting to the point where I didn't even want to wake up or get out of bed. I wanted to lay and do nothing. 

Give up. 

"Suga, earth to Suga!" I was pulled from my thoughts, Daichi yelling my name and waving a hand in front of my face. 

"Hm?" I snapped out of my head. 

"You good?" Daichi asked, a worried look plastered on his face.