13.

Isis' POV.

I don't know how to tell Jameela about what I did, so I've decided to put it off until I know exactly what I wanna say and how. Ugh, I feel terrible.

I've been giving her one word answers and stuff in every class and just plain behaving out of character but I can't be normal knowing what Chenle and I did yesterday and the fact that I enjoyed it. I need to figure out my feelings before I say anything to her.

I spend lunch with Xiaojun in the hall and I'm not really in the mood for food, so we practice our duet.

I really can't seem to get the pitch perfect today. He can tell I'm not my usual self.
"What's wrong Isis?" He asks me. I try to tell him everything without going too deep into detail. I don't wanna give out every detail of my life you know?
"Have you ever considered that you may actually be polyamorous?" He asks as if he's asking me to pass him the salt.
"What?! Me? NO." I say. "This kind of stuff happens, I can't have feelings for more than one people. It's... It's just infatuation." I'm stuttering so much.

Him saying I might be polyamorous was a trigger of some sort because what if he's right?, I mean, I only just recently found out that I'm not straight but now I might be not-straight and polyamorous? At 17? Too much stress if you ask me.

"I'm not polyamorous, I was just playing around, you know... teens." I don't even finish my ramble because Xiaojun suddenly speaks
"Do you find me attractive?" He asks. He's changing the topic? Thank God.
"Well, yeah. You are uh... pretty hot. You have great eyebrows and uh, your ja-"

Xiaojun unexpectedly kisses me and I kiss back for a split second before pushing him away from me.
"I knew it!" A voice shouts from the door of the hall.
None other than Aurelia.

"I knew you were a skank!" She says before running off.

Oh no.

"Xiaojun! What was that?!" I ask. Exasperated is an understatement.
"That was the difference between infatuation and actually having feelings for someone." He smirks
"you admitted that you're attracted to me, but you've never made any moves on me and practically nearly barfed when I kissed you. With all your other people you probably eagerly kissed back and felt butterflies and blah blah blah, and that's the difference. So you, my friend, are polyamorous. " He rests his hands on his hips with a proud grin and I almost want to be mad at him.

"Uhm.. thanks? I guess. But right now Aurelia's probably on her way to destroy my entire relationship!" I start crying.

I have no idea how I'm gonna explain any of this to Jameela.

Time skip

Jameela's POV

It's afterschool and I'm tired as a motherfucker. I just go to my dorm and slump on my bed. Isis has been acting weird today and I really have no idea why. Soon after I change, Aurelia walks into the dorm looking cheery as usual. Her face drops when she sees me.

"What's wrong?" I ask
"Well, I have something to tell you. I don't wanna hurt you, but I really care about so I feel like I have a responsibility to tell you this." She says.
"What's going on?" I ask sitting up.
"Well, uh. Th- this is kind of hard to say and I uh, I don't want you to get mad at me-"
"For God's sake just spit it out Aurelia!" I'm starting to get annoyed
"I saw Isis kiss Xiaojun during lunch." She says. What?
"What? You're lying!" I say. I'm confused as hell.
"Look" she says handing me her phone, and there it is, a totally unphotoshopped picture of Isis and Xiaojun kissing.

I instantly deadpan and Aurelia sits next to me and rubs my back. "I'm sorry Jameela." She says. "Isis doesn't deserve you" she lifts my face and wipes my tears. I feel dizzy with confusion, sadness and the pain of betrayal.

Aurelia leans in and places her lips on mine. I let the need for vengeance in my heart take over and kiss her back.

Isis' POV

I didn't get a chance to talk to Jameela about everything during class, but I just finished with my dance class and am sprinting to her dorm. I knock on the door and open it before I get an answer. The sight I see shatters me in more ways than I can explain.

Aurelia is straddling Jameela and they're kissing.

I try not to break down right then and there, but cannot prevent the tear that rolls down my cheek.

"Jameela?" I say, and she finally notices I'm here.

Aurelia turns around and smirks and Jameela looks slightly panicked.
"W-what are you doing?" My voice sounds so frail and pathetic, I wish I'd just kept quiet.
"The same thing you were doing with Xiaojun." Aurelia has a very smug look on her face. It's just now I'm figuring out that the something I have that she wants is Jameela.

Well, I had her.

Jameela just sits there and I can tell that she's hurt. Her bottom lip is swollen and there are tears on her cheeks too. I just wanna hug her, but she's got Aurelia.

I run away and just let my tears fall, not caring who sees me. My phone starts to ring, it's my mom.

"Hey mom" i say
"Hey baby, I'm at your school!" Oh, shes here to get me
"I'm on my way"

I leave the school building and locate my mom's car. I hug her like the multitude of other students who are hugging whoever came to get them from this place. We stay in the hugging position for a while and then she notices my sniffling.

"What's wrong baby?" She asks me. If I'm honest, I can't really talk right now
"You'll tell me when we get home?" She asks and I nod. She knows me so well.

My mom and I got a tub of ice cream on the way home and she forcefully blanket-ice cream-cuddled me and made me tell her why I was crying.

I told her everything except about Hyunjin and Chenle and I also may have implied that Jameela is a guy.

"You're gonna have to talk to him sooner or later, you know that right?" She asks while styling my locs. I know.
"But do you think sh- he'll forgive me?" I asked
"It's young love, we all make mistakes but this Aurelia character needs her ass beat. Satan's spawn I swear" I let out a little chuckle "you also have to be ready to forgive him, and let him know that two wrongs don't make a right" she says.
"Okay Mommy" she's done with my hair and I look at myself in the mirror. I've missed her so much.
"And if he ever makes you cry out of anything but happiness I'll whoop his ass okay?❤️" She said that with a sweet tone.

My mom's crazy.

It's Sunday and moms is taking me back to school, before I get out the car she gives me some money. I missed the first weekend of work because I was heartbroken, but my mom got me.
"Thank you Mommy" I say and hug her tightly as we part ways.

It's time for me to talk to Jameela.