Bonus Chapter 12: Meeting the Parents

A/N: I got the inspiration for writing this chapter from talking to @Dokkipokki and they asked how would Henry's dads, Terrence and Randy would react to finding out Rupert used Henry for sexual relations before officially getting together.

Henry and Rupert headed over to Henry's dads place because they wanted to meet Rupert, they were nervous for several reasons. For one, they need to tell them about the arrangement they had earlier, Second; Rupert had broken Henry's heart, and lastly, he let Henry get kidnapped by the Toppat clan.

They were in a car, Rupert's to be exact. He was driving and Henry was next to him, quietly scrolling through his phone. They have gotten permission from The General for a day off to visit Henry's dads, and 

Rupert wanted to not meet Henry's parents cause he was afraid of their reactions to those things but Henry insisted it was fine, he did tell him about his parents being former leaders of the Toppat clan and Rupert had more reasons for not going to meet his dads. 

"I'm not so sure about this," said Rupert, nervously while driving.

"It's gonna be fine, Rupert." reassured Henry."My dads may sometimes be overprotecting but want to meet you."

"Do they know about me being a former police officer?" 

"Yes."

"Do they know about your previous relationship?"

"I...no."

Rupert stared at Henry for a moment and then back at the road, Henry stared back at him in confusion.

"Why don't your parents know about the guy you dated before?" asked Rupert, incredulously.

"I guess I felt ashamed 'cause I was in an abusive relationship," replied Henry, bowing his head in sadness. "I didn't want them to know about my troubles."

"They are your parents, Henry." comforted Rupert. "They would have helped you."

"Yeah, but I didn't want them to get involved with my mess."

Henry was starting to tremble a bit and his eyes were beginning to brim with tears until he felt a hand on his shoulder, he looked to see Rupert comforting him with his hand while the other was on the wheel.

"Hey, it's okay. I know you felt helpless during that time and I made you even feel more helpless when I used you," said Rupert, gently. "But I learned from my mistakes and Spike didn't."

"Yeah I know," said Henry. "How am I going to tell them about Spike and how we got together but was just a physical relationship before?"

"I...was trying to think of a way to tell them but got nothin'"

"We'll think of something."

The rest of the drive was silent, sans the occasional talk here and there. They finally arrived at the house where Henry's dad lived, Rupert parked in the driveway and they both got out and headed to the front door.

Henry rang the doorbell and they both waited for a bit until the door opened to reveal a man wearing a rainbow of colors. He was wearing a pink suit, a pink top hat dirty blonde hair, and a tooth gap.

"Henry! How's our favorite son." exclaimed the man excitedly.

Henry blushed and Rupert smirked at him, Henry playfully hit his shoulder. The man saw Rupert and was surprised, he let them in. They all went into the living room and another man came into the living room. 

He was wearing an all-black suit, with a black top hat, he also had a tooth gap and a goatee. His hair was black and he had it in a ponytail, he smiled at the man and Henry but stopped when he saw Rupert. Rupert on the other hand was not smiling at the two men.