New Acquaintances

Thursday, March 16th, 2006.

A special day indeed. It was the day that I met a vampire that fell so in love with the one thing he was meant to devour. And his name was Edward Cullen.
———————————————————————————

I am strolling the streets of  Volterra, my cloak drifting solemnly behind me as I step carefully down the cobblestone streets. In search of breakfast for me and a potential victim for my dear sister Jane. She is a torturer for that dear child.

I hear a soft cry coming from a couple of streets over as I turn the corner onto a scene I sadly have seen one too many times.

A man takes advantage of a woman simply because he believes he can. The woman's child is hiding in the corner. I run to him and crouch to his level.

"Hello, there sweet babe. Come with me." I say softly so that I don't scare him.
He shakes his head violently. Not wanting to leave his mother alone with the man.

I lightly tighten my grip on his hand. As I tug gently to lead him away from the scene. No child should have to experience that. I quietly decide that this man will be a  treat for us both.

"Will you help her?" The child squeaks out.

"Yes, honey I will. And I'll make sure the horrible man pays for what he's done to her."  I vow.

I leave the kid alone a street over from the terrible occurrence and head back to where the man was still
defiling that poor mother.

She pours her power into our veins as we become one. Our aura combines and the aroma fills the mostly empty street.

"No! Please Matteo, my child, he's with us. Please stop! I don't want this please" the woman cries.

White-hot anger flows through us as we speak. The velvet voice carries across the alley.

"Matteo." I cooed. "Oh Matteo, come here cara. I need you. Please" I whispered to him.

As if in a trance the man immediately stopped in his tracks and rose to his feet. He dragged himself to my side and sat on his knees in awe of my being. I pull the hood of my cloak off.

He gasps at the unnatural beauty. Caught off by the beauty and not noticing the predator behind the mask.

The woman stood in awe as well as shook in fear of the aura that dominates the alleyway.

"Who...who are you?" She nervously asks me.

"It is of no concern for you who I am child. But I'm here to help. I've put your child on the next street, so go to him." I calmly replied.

I hand her a business card before walking back to the dazed man still kneeling on the ground.

"That card is for the women's shelter down by the square. They can help you file a report or just help you in general. You won't have to worry about our dear Matteo any longer" I smile with the twinkle of lethality in my burgundy irises, and I turn my gaze back to the "man" on his knees.

I grab Matteo's collar and decide that is enough excitement for the day. I mean the party starts on Sunday. It's gonna be St. Marcus day and the best part is I can already tell you that Marcus is beyond thrilled.

I laugh to myself as I head back to the castle entrance. I go through the main entrance we use for civilians because it's easier than dragging this poor man through the underground sewer entrance.

I drag him past reception. My lovely girl Gianna dressed at her best. She is always on time. It's like clockwork.

I have heard Aro talking about maybe turning her eventually. Marcus is, of course, against it. Says she is a perfectly fine human and doing her job is all she is needed for. Vampires I swear.

Regardless, she is amazing. She isn't immune to my powers either. Many times I've snuck out with her and caused mischief. 

She smiles at me and barely glances at Matteo as we pass through reception and into the foyer.

Jane, dressed in her usual attire, all black with her blonde tresses tied back with red ribbon, gracefully gallops her way over to us. Excited by the dazed man lolling back in the armchair.

"And who is this you have brought with you, dear sister?" She smiled.  White teeth gleamed against her marble skin.

"This, my sister, is my dear new friend Matteo. Caught him stirring up trouble with his wife and child near the square and decided that he would be perfect for our escapades." I said, faking a proper voice.

Jane throws her head back laughing. Her voice bounces off the walls of the foyer. Her irises are brighter red. It's been a while since we've fed.

Normally we feed with The Three (Aro, Caius, and Marcus) but today seems different. Like something special is going to happen today.

Rachel glares at us as she strolls past us. Looking for trouble.

"Ah. Jane, Alexia. Just who I'm looking for. Aro would like us in the throne room. He says an uninvited guest has arrived for a meeting and he would like us present." She sneers. Then walks out the door leading to the corridor.

She doesn't like us much. Unlike my sister and I, Rachel has mediocre power. She can make herself a shield from her mind. I think.

Well, it doesn't matter. I look at her and glare. I was hungry and she was interrupting. I look at Matteo gazing into the fireplace. I sigh and look at Jane. She isn't too happy either.

"Welp. Guess playtime will have to wait. Again" Jane says annoyed. She turns and follows Rachel down the corridor to the main room.

I gaze longingly at my food and then ask Gianna to take him to my room. I'll eat him later I guess. I tighten my ponytail and fix my clothes. Grabbing my robe off the back of the chair I make my way to the main room.

I wonder who this mysterious and unannounced guest is.