The Mission

One day till St. Marcus day
The three brothers turn to me and quietly stare at me in quiet anger. I am screwed.

"Dear Alexia," Aro starts "Please pray to tell me why were you late to this meeting?"

I stare at my feet in shame. I know I embarrassed them by being late. I should have just left Matteo with Gianna but I was so hungry.

Just the thought of the memory of Matteo's blood entering my mouth, the energy that flowed through my body as his blood strengthened me.

My body shivers at the memory. He was delicious. We drank him dry while we rode him in the quiet waiting room. He had looked to Gianna for help. She only gave him a pity glance before continuing with her work.

I chuckle. Then remember where I am. A hand cracks across my face. It takes me a minute to realize I'm now laying on the floor. I clutch my cheek in my hand as nonexistent tears (would) flow down my face.

The puddle by the drain of the throne room slowly drains. I look into it to see the cracks healing from the slap. I scream at the top of my lungs and snap my head toward Marcus.

He smirks at me while Aro gives him a look of disdain.

"Now Marcus. That was unnecessary. She should explain herself before she is punished." Caius berates him.

Aro nods in agreement and looks back down at me on the floor with questioning eyes.

I stand and proceed to explain what happened. After my small speech, they turn away. Whispers arise from the three brothers as they deliberate my punishment.

Marcus gives out a frustrated huff and storms off the throne room. I look out after him with a smile on my face. I'm getting a light sentence.

Aro has always had a soft spot for me ever since I agreed to be his successor the day after I was reborn.

Marcus is just jealous. I laugh to myself again. The remaining two brothers turn to me and smile.

Caius opens his mouth to speak. "Alexia dear, we need you for a mission." I look at him suspiciously.

"No no, my dearest." Aro chuckles "We need you to do this. It is a stealth mission. Our dear guest Edward Cullen is planning something drastic. I need you to find out what that is and then report back. Do not, DO NOT, engage in anything with him" I sigh.

"Alexia dear, do not engage with him. Once we recapture him on different charges then you can play with him." Caius replies slyly.

"I understand master." I comply. "I will not engage and I will find out what he plans."

This is going to be a fucking blast. I fly down the halls of the castle at breakneck speed. Whipping around corners down familiar hallways to my room.

I rush into my closet to pack my grab bag. I will need to be stealthy about this. I grab my civilian clothes and my phone.

Aro has explained to me that Edward is a reader. As in he can read minds. So I will need to have no plan at all times. Quick last-minute decisions are important and my mind needs to be blank.

Finally finished I wave goodbye to Gianna as I walk out of the visitor entrance to the castle of Volterra. Walking down the cobblestone streets of this beautiful city. Past the stone walls of the center city into the slums.

Unbeknownst to many I can sense auras and see scents. I am a great tracker and my inner demon is great at manipulation. These are the reasons that Aro has chosen me for this mission.

Edward slowly rounds another corner. He knows I'm following him. He's changed his plans at least three times now. But it doesn't matter. I figured it out soon enough.

The great thing about vampires is that we need no sleep and with the blood of the last human I ate I am faster and more clever than my opponent.

His first plan was just to kill a human in broad daylight. But that was too easy for me to stop so he changed his mind.

Then he wanted to try and turn three people and set them loose on the festival tomorrow. But I saved the three humans he kidnapped so foiled again.

The third time he thought it would be a charm. I chuckle to myself as I continue to follow him through the slums of Volterra.

He has decided to try and destroy a building of importance. He is currently heading to the temple of St. Caius. Where he wants to trash the place and demolish the building. I chuckle again.

Edward whips around and I quickly hide behind the corner. Damn it. I was doing good too. He hasn't heard from or seen me yet this time.

He looks around frantically and I can feel him trying to find my mind. I try so hard to keep it silent but the burn in my throat decides now is a great time to rip through me like wildfire.

Shit. It's been a day since I've fed. Normally I feed every day in the castle. I hunt for it myself but sometimes I eat with Aro and Caius and Marcus.

This mission is impeding my schedule. I groan as I hear Edward flit away. Damn it. Now I have to find him. AGAIN. Hopefully, before he does something even more stupid.