Chapter 5

**10 Hour Timeskip**

My alarm clock started beeping loudly in my face. I sat up, turned it off, and got out of bed, making my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair and whatnot. When I looked less like a corpse, slightly, I went into my room and started getting ready. I pulled on a polka-dot skirt that came down barely past my knees, a black tank top, a light green t-shirt, and my black Chucks. Then, I sat down on the floor in front of my closet mirror and started doing my makeup, finishing with a light peach lipstick. When I finished with that, I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and tied a polka-dot ribbon to match my skirt. After that, I grabbed my backpack, an apple, and walked out the door, making sure to lock it behind me. I got up two hours early, not so I could spend a long time getting ready, but so my face wouldn’t look tired and horrible when I got to school. I’m smart like that. To pass the time, I took a walk around the park, and when I checked my phone and saw that it was 7:02, so I headed to the bus stop. When I got there, the bus was just pulling up to the curb. I got on, said hello to the bus driver, and went to the back of the bus to take a seat.