Chapter 19

Julie’s PoV

When I woke up, she was gone. I hated that. I just didn’t want her walking back to her house alone on the streets while it was still dark out. But I also didn’t want her to go home. However, if she stayed here with me, Val would find out and call the police. Then she’d be a runaway. And being on house arrest doesn’t usually work well when you’re home with a drunk, abusive, psycho douche.

It was bothering me that I didn’t know if she was okay or not, but I would see her on the bus soon enough.

Hopefully.

**20 Minute Timeskip**

When I got on the bus, I saw Abby there, looking totally normal; tired, bored, and pissed off.

“Hey, J.C.,” she smiled.

“Did everything go alright?” I asked her after I sat down.

“Yeah, great,” she smiled. “When I got home, mom and Jamie were…busy.”

“Oh, damn!” I cringed, knowing exactly what she meant.

“Yeah. It got really hard to sleep,” she laughed. “Fuckin’ headboard hits the wall.”

“At least she’s not, like, super old, right? Isn’t she like 30?” I reasoned.

“31,” she corrected me.

I rolled my eyes.

“Well…I dunno what to tell you. I’m…sorry? I’m here for you?”

She smiled and I was reminded of last night. Not that it ever left my mind.

“Hey,” she started slowly. “Did you actually mean anything you said last night?”

“Every word,” I responded with a grin.

“So…does that mean we’re…”

“What? Dating?”

I thought for a moment.

 “Well, do you want to?” I asked awkwardly.

“Duh. The fuck kinda question is that?”

I laughed.

“Abrianna Bartoletti, will you be my girlfriend?” I asked.

I took her hand in mine and kneeled down on the floor next to the seat. It was going well until the bus driver floored the brakes and my head bounced off of the seat.

“Smooth,” Abby laughed as she rubbed my forehead. “But yes, of course I will.”

I got back up on the seat and slumped down.

“I wanted this to be super romantic and dramatic.” I pouted. “Like throwing my arms around you and giving you a big, deep, romantic kiss.”

“Why, have you been daydreaming about it?” she chuckled.

“No,” I snapped defensively.

She raised an eyebrow.

I’m a terrible liar, I remembered.

“Well, you can still do it.”

“Yeah, I’m capable, but now it’s been built up too much-”

Her lips crashing onto mine were enough to make forget what I was saying.

“There,” she grinned, pulling back to look at me.

“I didn’t wrap my arms around you, though,” I remarked.

“Fuck you too, then,” she huffed as she slumped back in her seat.

Put my head on her shoulder.

“You wish,” I shot back.

“You know it.”

We laughed for a minute, then I realized that all of the times when we said pervy shit like that, we were only half joking.

I blushed a little, I could feel it. Thank God she couldn’t see my face.