Chapter 12

J.C. (Julie)’s PoV

So I guess you could say it was official at that point. After that day, we started talking, we ate lunch together, we were getting close. We had practically nothing in common, but that was what made our relationship work; I would give her my logical and statistic-based feedback, and she would give me her unique, but wise opinions and advice. But it wasn’t until a few weeks after all of that we actually started hanging out outside of school.

About a month and a half after we started eating lunch together, she started getting off at my stop and hanging out at my house, sometimes going into my older brother’s room and playing his guitar.

“If he still lived here, he would be soooo pissed,” I always told her.

Oh, and then there’s that.

I started cussing.

I’m not all that good, I can’t put my heart and soul into it like Abby can, and it just comes naturally to her. Not me. As a matter of fact, she usually makes fun of me when I use any profanity in conversation because “I’m just too cute and innocent.”

Anyways, I guess you could say I was changing, but I liked the girl I was becoming. I wasn’t the shy, wimpy nerd anymore. I had a different view on things, and people got a different view of me.

That’s actually just a polite way of saying that hanging out with a criminal ruined my reputation.

 But, like I said, I had changed, and for the first time in my life, I didn’t give a shit what they thought of me.