Chapter 26

Julie's PoV

I hate fighting, but I have to admit I was mentally cheering Abby on. Although it was a little hard to be cheerful while a knife was being shoved into my right kidney. Everything was going well; until I saw Stacey reaching into her back pocket that is.

Aww, shit! I thought.

She pulled out a standard 3" blade and swiped it at Abby, who dodged it and pulled out her knife. It was a badass, 4 ½" Italian Stiletto (of course) switch that had a black handle with a custom silver dragon pattern on it. Evidently, she always had tucked into one of her combat boots.

She flicked the blade out and waited for Stacey to swing again, then leaned away from the blade, using her position to work in a body shot. Abby knew that no one was really expected to get punched in a knife fight.

Stacey leaned over reflexively and Abby grabbed onto her shoulders to get leverage when she kneed her in the stomach, making her gag.

The guy behind me tightened his grip.

"Fuck."

He pulled the knife out of my back and drug me behind Walmart by my face, which he was still partially covering. He shoved me into a dumpster and ran over to Abby, who had basically dropped Stacey.

"Abby!" I screamed as the guy pulled out his own knife.

She turned around and grabbed his blade, then threw it into the dumpster I was sitting in front of.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" she looked pissed. "This is so fucked!"

At that point, I was probably concussed, the other guy was down, Casey was waiting to see what happened next, the other other guy ran off like a pussy, and Stacey, the knife dude, and Abby looked like they were about to slit each other's throats. Which was hella scary, because it was a real possibility.