Chapter 28

Julie's PoV

Abby picked her foot up and walked over to where I was sitting/laying.

"You okay, baby?" she asked sweetly, offering me her hand.

I shakily took it and she pulled me up to my feet. When I regained my balance, I jumped onto her, wrapped my legs around her waist, and kissed her, sending more adrenaline through my body. When she pulled back, her eyes were full of lust and confusion. 

I grinned and played with her hair. 

"We...uh...wouldn't wanna waist all this adrenaline, would we?" I purred into her ear, feeling her tense up. 

She sighed shakily and set me down. 

"Let's not make any rash decisions just because we're all worked up, okay?"

"Rash decisions? Rash decisions?! You just broke a chick's knee!" 

She laughed. 

"I know, but they had it coming," she grinned and gave me a peck on the cheek. "You're not ready and you know it." 

I slumped my shoulders. 

"Just...take a few deep breaths," she smiled and held my hand, leading me away from the writhing group of scattered bodies. "Casey! Let's go." 

I'd forgotten about him. He was the guy that Abby came with, and he was just leaning up against a wall, waiting for Abby to need him, I guess. 

"Thanks for having my back, dickwad," Abby snarled. 

"Shut up, you didn't need my help," he laughed. "You're a fucking beast." 

"I know," she shrugged and pulled me closer by my waist. 

I gasped as I felt an intense burning sensation where her hand was and pushed her hand away, making the both of them stop in their tracks and stare at me. 

Shit, I thought as I remembered that there was a knife there. 

I pulled my shirt up and craned my neck to look at my back, which was bleeding. 

"Oh I forgot about that," I laughed. "Adrenaline." 

Abby turned me away from her and wiped the blood away with her hand. 

"You sure you're okay?" she asked slowly. 

"Yeah. Is it bleeding a lot?" 

"Not much," Casey chimed in. 

"Okay then yeah." 

Abby took her blade and cut a piece of her shirt off, then told me to hold it on my back until the bleeding stopped. After that, we all walked home to my house.