Chapter 15

Julie’s PoV

It must’ve been 10:00 when I heard the rocks hitting my window. Not that I was asleep. Honestly, I was feeling nauseous and I had a bitch of a stomachache. My mom always told me I was an empath.  Anyways,when I looked out the window, I saw Abby standing there.

“What the hell?!” I called down to her. “It’s like 10:00!”

“I know, I’m so sorry, I just…can I come in?” I normally would’ve refused her, but there was something about her tone that made me unable to.

“Hold on a second.”

 I ran down the stairs to the front door and opened it to a bloody, weak, exhausted Abby.

“What happened to you?”

“Fucking Jamie happened,” she coughed.

Shit, I thought. That asshole.

“Well, you’re sleeping here tonight,” I concluded.

“I can’t, I just wanted to get away from there until…I dunno. But I can’t stay here,”

“Why not?”

She thought for a moment.

“I don’t want to bother you.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Shut the hell up,” I replied, grabbing her shoulders and steering her into the house.

Once we got into my room, I had her sit down on the bed and tell me everything that happened. After she finished, I was totally speechless.

“I…I had no idea…” I finally managed to force out.

“Don’t tell anyone. My mom will kill me if Jamie gets arrested. Or herself.”

I was silent.

I couldn’t stand the fact that, from what I heard about her mom, she might have meant that literally.

I couldn’t just stay silent, though; my best friend was in pain. So I just went with my gut and pulled her into my arms, feeling her gasp a little bit.

 I pushed her hair over her shoulder and rubbed her back, whispering, “It’s okay, you can let it out,” as I put my forehead on hers.