Chapter 3

When we got home, she threw her purse onto the counter and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I waited until I heard the water turn on before I walked over to the fridge.

“Dumb shit,” I muttered as I grabbed an ice cold Coors Light from the back of the bottom shelf.

I opened up the can and took a big ass swig out of it, then walked into my room and grabbed my laptop. I opened it up, and was happy to see that it was exactly how I left it before I went “shopping;” undisturbed. And all of my porn was downloaded.

Yessss.

What? Don’t judge me.

But I decided to save that for later and go to Spotify. When I got to my playlists, I clicked on the one titled “Drowzy” and listened to Sex and Candy by Marcy’s playground.

When my mom finally finished her shower, I heard her coming down the hall and scrambled to hide my drink. I had just found my trashcan when she opened my door and peeked her head in to see what I was doing.

“Can I…help you?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

“I’m not even gonna take your laptop,” she sighed. “It won’t mean shit either way. You’ll still get in just as much trouble.”

“Yup,” I replied. "It took you awhile to catch on, huh?"

She shook her head, and finally responded with, “You know, Abby, if you get arrested, I’m not wasting my fuckin’ money on bail.”

I considered this for a moment.

“Fine by me,” I shrugged. "I won't have to live in this shithole with you and Jamie." 

(Jamie = mom's boyfriend)

“Their rules are stricter than mine…and you’ll get your ass split by some horny bitch.”

“Let’s just hope to God she’s hot.” I laughed.

“You…are unbelieveable.”

“I know.”