Chapter 24

I got to Walmart within about five minutes of leaving my house, which is great, because being a teenage girl at the Walmart we go to wasn't particularly favorable after dark. I got there around 9:30, so I had to be in and out. So much for that. I was in there for like half an hour arguing with my dad about what kind of pickles to get. I ended up leaving the store at like 9:58.

When I got out into the parking lot, I heard a familiar voice from around the corner.

"I told you it was just me and Casey, you fucking idiotic psycho-bitch!" it exclaimed.

I ran around the corner, trying to be as quiet as I could.

"I know," another voice said. "But nobody ever said I played fair."

I looked around the corner and saw six people: two on one side, four on the other.

That's fucked up, I thought as I watched the front two people in the group of four approach the other two.

I looked closer at the girl closest to me and almost immediately recognized her.

I opened my mouth to say Abby's name, but someone came up behind me and put a hand over my mouth.

"Don't squeal," it said, "or I'll fuckin' give you something to squeal about."

I felt something sharp pressing into my lower back and my heart started pounding in my chest.