Chapter 23 Home

Minho POV-

I yawned before looking at the wall clock across my desk.

"Lunch time."

          I mumbled as I zipped open my bag and pulled out a cream bun before unwrapping it. I took a bite out of it as I felt my eyes getting heavy. I could almost feel the eyes bags I got from staying up the whole night going through media articles.

    Apparently, there were a lot of people who benefitted from the death of Mr Han and the downfall of their business than there were people who lost their money. I was currently going through the list of their business partners.

     And as expected they were all huge companies who had big level franchises. 'They were all successful on their own, they didn't exactly need this already failing company to drag them into debt. Because they terminated their contracts as soon as Mr Han died, it was pretty clear that they wanted to get rid of the JH company. But, their biggest partner the SKZ company didn't do that. They still have their investments going. When it is actually one of the best companies in Korea. And the CEO...'

"Bang Christopher Chan."

"Huh? Who's that?" Juyeon asked from beside me.

I turned around and saw him sitting at his desk beside me. He continued chewing on his cup noodles as he looked at me.

"Speak after you finish," I said taking another bite of my bread.

"Hey, who is that?" Juyeon asked pointing his finger at my screen.

I looked back at my screen which showed Y/N profile.

"Waah, she's pretty. Did you finally get a girlfriend?!" Juyeon exclaimed.

"She's a suspect idiot," I said.

"A suspect? On the Vampire case?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said before finishing my bread.

"Your girlfriend is a suspect?" He asked.

"-_- Do you want to be 6 feet under? She's not my girlfriend." I said.

"What a shame... I thought you finally got yourself a girlfriend and that too such a pretty girl... Maybe you still have a chance." Juyeon said winking.

"She's married," I said glaring at him.

"I suddenly have a feeling to flee." He mumbled.

"Yes, but after you answer something for me," I said and Juyeon nodded.

"Do you know the largest shareholders of JH company?" I asked.

"Yeah, SKZ company right?" He answered.

"Can you look into what they have been up to lately?" I asked.

"I already did, their CEO Christopher, is going to inherit the company as the Chairman. They're family and as he worked in their Australian branch as the team leader, the guy's father decided to inherit it to his son completely. But some rumours say that he secretly got married without his father's permission to a poor girl and fled to Australia. Man must be nice being a spoiled rich brat." Juyeon said in one breath.

"You really know how to be nosy." I said.

"Yeah, by the way, doesn't your friend work at this company? Your friend from Australia. I think his name was Felix right?" Juyeon said.

That's when it clicked me. And I started putting everything together.

'I lived with my friend in Australia, he took me in and gave me a job... She's the wife of my friend, I lived in their house... Your job is third-wheeling on married couples now?...' I remembered Felix's words.