Chapter 30 Battle Cry

Chan POV-

"AAHH!" The woman kept screaming after she sent Y/N away.

        She threw stuff on the ground and smashed everything around her. Although I couldn't see anything for myself as I was blindfolded, I could hear a lot of loud noises. I was disgusted but at the least, I couldn't even move a finger. When she was hurting Y/N, I couldn't do anything but watch. Even though I felt pathetic and useless being made to stay still like a sculpture, I was proud that Y/N was able to save herself just by words.

'She truly has some guts to be able to trick a Vampire. Then again, she always has been reckless like that. It makes me even more worried about her. I hope she's okay...' I thought.

       By now, it slowly felt like whatever the drug she gave me was finally wearing off and my muscles felt a little bit relaxed. I was able to lift my head but I didn't want to make it noticeable so I stayed still.

"Bang Christopher Chan." I heard the woman call my name from the corner of the room but I didn't lift my head to the voice.

       And the next thing I knew, she bent down and untied my blindfold. She placed her slender, long-nailed fingers under my jaw and tilted her face to look at me. I batted my eyes towards her and her bloodshot eyes with smudged makeup looked back.

"Why did you do that? Huh?" She asked soullessly.

I glared at her in response.

"I made you a Vampire, a superior entity... Do you know why?" She asked caressing my jaw.

"Because I saw a hunger in you..." She whispered moving closer to my ear.

"The hunger to live, not survive like the other pests. You were so desperate like you were so fixed on the thought of making your life worth living. I wondered what you were looking forward to..." She said and lifted my head.

"That's why I gave it to you, a chance to live... a century or forever." She said looking down at me.

"But now, I think you don't want it. You're ready to throw everything away for that bloody wench." She said and stood up.

"Fine, if that's the case, I can do something for you." She said walking towards one of the doors.

      She opened it and it appeared to be a plain wall until she pressed a button from somewhere and a cabinet slid down from the top of the door. She unlocked it and pulled out a glass bottle before closing the door again. She walked to the bed and sat on the edge.

"Lift your head and look at this. I know you can." She ordered.

        I slowly lifted my head up to see her holding a bottle with a clear red liquid in it. Strangely, the liquid seemed to smell sweeter than nectar almost to the point where it was too much. I was drawn by it immediately like it was the drop of water that could quench my thirst of days, weeks, months or years. I gulped as the thirst engulfed me making my throat hurt till breathing was becoming secondary. My body felt tingly and my head was going empty just with every passing second.

"This is the blood of a hundred pure-blooded humans of the upper class. No filth for a hundred years..." She said swirling it around.

"Can you imagine the taste, Chan?" She mumbled.

"Haghkk-" I felt like I was being choked by the thirst.

"But do you know what this will do to you?" She asked putting it beside her.

"It attains the power to turn a Vampire into a mere mortal." She said.

       My eyes widened as wide as they could upon hearing those words. A human to turn into a Vampire was insane enough but a Vampire to change into a human again, was almost insanely ironic. 'I need this... I need to drink this. I have to!' I thought and looked at the woman again.