XIV. The Reveal (Sort of)

(a/n: hiii!! I just want to deeply apologize for how long it has taken me to update. writer's block kicked my ass and I had no idea what to do next. but as I reread the story and saw how many of you loved it, I was inspired to continue it. Again, I apologize for the wait and I know this chapter is a little short but I will be continuing to update so please be patient! ok I love you all, enjoy!)

***

"You're snogging my brother? Are you serious, Bella?" Ron fumed. His face glowed red and his eyes seemed to fill with anger.

"Will you keep your voice down?" begged Fred as he swiftly shut the door.

"I am not talking to you right now," Ron grumbled at Fred. "How long were you going to keep this from me? Bel, I thought we were friends."

I stood quietly for a moment as I watched Ron's anger transform into hurt. "Ron, I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd react this way." My voice came out soft and timid, as to not upset Ron more than I already have.

"Seriously? I'm reacting this way because you have been lying to me and keeping secrets! Is this about that stupid bet you have going with my brothers because I thought it was over?"

"Ron, I'm sorry. But, you have to see this from my point of view. I knew this whole thing would look bad if I tried to explain it, so I wanted to wait for the right time!" I confessed.

Ron opened his mouth, about to spew another counterpoint, but quickly paused. "Wait, what would look bad? Why would dating Fred look bad?"

I immediately froze. I genuinely did not stop to think that Ron only just found out about me dating Fred. Not that I was dating BOTH of his twin brothers.

As I opened my mouth to speak, George abruptly came into the room, turning all of our heads.

"Uh, dinner's ready. Why do I feel like the vibe in here is really weird right now?"

"Because it is," Fred chimed. I gave him a small smack on the shoulder and a glare that meant 'shut the fuck up, this is no time for jokes.'

"Ron, can we please just talk?" I begged.

"There's nothing else to talk about. You're dating Fred and you didn't tell me. Guess we aren't as close as I thought we were," and with that, Ron left the room and absolutely obliterated my heart. I groaned and plopped myself onto George's bed.

"How did he find out?" George sputtered, taking a seat next to me as Fred sat opposite us on his bed, his head in his hands.

"He walked in on us kissing," Fred admitted, looking up at George while I laid staring at the ceiling.

"You idiots! How could you be so reckless?"

"Okay, look, as of right now he only knows that I'm dating Fred, not that I'm dating both of you," I stated and the two boys nodded. "And I think we need to keep it that way."

"What?" George immediately jumped from his spot, anger and frustration filling his face. "That is so not fair!"

I quickly rose from the bed and placed my hand on his cheek. "Georgie, I know, but I just don't want to make things worse than they already are!"

"So, what? You get to be with Fred publicly while you can only be with me in secret? No, I refuse. It's totally unfair!" He pushed away from me and hastily exited the room. I sighed, my heart sinking and my head pounding.

"Dinner's ready, kids!" Mrs. Weasley called from downstairs. Fred shot me an apologetic look and opened the door, gesturing for me to exit first.

"You're awfully quiet about this whole thing."