Chapter 41)

"Where's my grand-baby?!" Janine half yelled, half exclaimed.

"Excuse me? I thought you thought I was too young to be a mom and now you want to go all grandma?" I retorted as Dimitri handed Mason to my Mother.

Rose! Just this once do you think you could get along with her?

I sent Lissa a look that said that there was no way in hell I would be doing that.

Do it for Mason. Don't you want Mason to grow up with grandparents?

I sighed with resignation. Lissa was right.

"I have done some thinking and I realized that you would be a great mother and I was wrong to lecture you on that. You are a married adult, you can do whatever you want." Janine surprised everyone by her apology, it wasn't like her to be so nice and forgiving after a retort from me. 

"Besides, who couldn't fall in love with this handsome little boy right away?"

My mom was right, Mason was going to be a heart-breaker when he got older.

"I suppose this is where I forgive you with no hard feelings and today becomes a sunday special?" 

Everybody looked at me expectantly. "Well then our family has become something like Full House"

Dimitri gave me a look that said I'm so proud of you, and I love you

"It's my turn. I have so much to teach Mason! How to be scary, how to please the ladies, and how to look impeccable. I'm not going to let him ruin my reputation." Abe saved the moment.

Dimitri, I swear, visibly cringed. I guess he doesn't want his son to be "just like Abe". 

Right then my stomach grumbled loudly and everyone heard.

"I'll handle it. Chocolate donuts extra sugar?" Dimitri asked knowing my usual.

"And your famous hot chocolate?" I asked him sweetly.

"Of course. I'll be right back." Dimitri leaned over to kiss me and left.