Chapter 22)

"Are you ever going to let me drive?" I asked my ever so persistant husband. We are just about to leave to pick Sydney up from the airport. Dimitri won't ever let me drive him, ever. 

After thinking for a few minutes he responds with, "Maybe."

"You are my husband for Chris' sakes, don't you think at one point in our marriage you will be in the car while I am driving?" It was a rhetorical question and Dimitri knew so he didn't respond. After that we sat in a comfortable silence on the way to the airport. Just being with Dimitri is so special. I love it, no scratch that I love him.

~

Guardian techniques helped me find Sydney way faster than I would have without knowing them. I pointed at her, "Look there she is." We ran to go meet her. 

"Hi Syd!" I greeted her. She responded by giving me a hug which surprised me seeing as how she is an  alchemist. Alchemists don't like dhampirs, moroi, or strigoi. Most alchemists are terrified of anything vampires, even just being in the same room freaks them out. 

Dimitri grabbed her bags as we walked to the car. "You know you don't have to do that Dimitri." Sydney said. "I would never have someone carrying their bags after a long flight in my presense if my own hands were empty." Sydney looked like she was going to protest again, but realized it was a lost cause. 

"Do you have somewhere to stay?" I asked her.

"As an alchemist I always have the necessary funds to stay at any hotel I want, however I haven't figured out where I will stay yet seeing as how this was kind of a spur of the moment thing." It's surprising that she hasn't found a place to stay yet, Sydney is always to put together and organized.

Dimitri beat me to inviting her to stay with us. "You are more than welcome to stay in our home."

"I- I don't know. Wouldn't it be an imposition?" Sydney asked. She looked more worried about staying in the same house as dhampir's than she is about it being an imposition. 

"You don't have to stay with us I was just thinking that it would be a good idea, that way if we need you and your expertise with the treatment or whatever, you would be available." I was quick to come to her rescue, before Dimitri started insisting she stay with us.

"I hadn't thought of that, I suppose it would make the most sense for me to stay with you."