Chapter 7 - Assassination

WOOO MUCH SAD HAHAHAHAHA

          Something silver flew out of the crowd and towards Baal. Your eyes widened and you jumped towards her, but it was too late. It hit her in the throat, causing her to fall backwards. Your guards, Okura Narika and Arumai Amamaki came out of the shadows, taking their places beside you quickly while you caught Baal, your eyes still wide in shock. And as the light faded from her eyes, you knew. You knew she was gone. A wonderful day turned into an assassination in a matter of seconds. Someone had just killed your beloved wife in front of your eyes, and you didn't know who. "Find all suspicious people in the crowd and bring them to the main hall!!!" You screamed, pointing your hand at the crowd and looking at the guards, including your personal ones. "And get everyone who isn't suspicious out of here and safe! We don't know who else the suspicious person will try and kill!!"  You clutched Baals body, crying. The crowd started to leave gradually, you saw the guards checking people and then telling them to go somewhere safe if they weren't suspicious. You picked up her body and ran inside. There were already a few people there. You whisper to one of the guards sadly to take Baal's body somewhere so they could prepare for a funeral. You wiped the tears from your eyes and stood elegantly, walking over to the people and the guards preventing them from leaving. There were about twelve people there, a few of them wearing resistance uniforms. You scowled slightly, but walked to the first person and questioned them with questions like 'what were you doing when it happened?' and 'who were you with when it happened?' The first few people were innocent, but then you came to someone with a resistance uniform. 

          He had black hair and a nervous but also- overly confident face? How was he so confident in the presence of someone who was- technically an archon now. "You know what will happen to you after this, correct? Resistance member." You scowled. Even if he wasn't the one who killed Baal, he would still be imprisoned for being caught in the city. 

          He stayed silent. He was trying to act tough. Strange, most resistance members didn't even try to look strong in front of someone as powerful as you. You asked him the same questions you had asked everyone else. He hadn't done it, but since he was a resistance member you waved one of the guards over. The guard knew what to do, you didn't even have to tell him. He took the guy off. You continued to ask the people questions. None of them had done it. None of the people there. None of them. Maybe the guards missed somebody. Maybe they had run off right after they threw the knife, before you told your guards to fish out suspicious people from the crowd. You sighed, starting to stop acting all royal and powerful. You were sad. You didn't think someone would kill her at the festival. You didn't think anyone would kill her at all. A tear formed in one of your eyes and fell down your face slowly. Then another, in your other eye, and then another and another. Of course, now you were crying, and a lot. Who had dared to kill her? When you get officially appointed as the new archon, you swear you will find her killer and punish them. Oh yes, you would punish them alright....