Chapter 9 - The Shogun

I made this part up as I went so the crowning thing makes no sense whatsoever. Again, also not shipping Morax and Y/N still. This is Baal x Y/N, not Morax x Y/N lol.

          At some point, you had started sitting on the ground nervously with your arms around your knees. It was real, yes it was real. It was so definitely real.  Morax crouched down and put his hand on your shoulder. You used to think he wasn't kind like this, when you were younger. But now, faced with a situation you didn't want to face, you realized how kind he was. You shook your head and stood up. You had to. If you didn't, the land would be without an archon, and without an archon, chaos would ensue. You walked over to the wall, the one on the left. There was a large symbol on the wall. 7 Slots for 7 Archons. The slots were empty, so empty. They were empty until there was a need for a new archon.  The element of the nation the room was in was always in the center. For this one, electro was in the center. Each slot had the symbol of the element around it. The slots themselves however, were shaped like gnoses. Every archon had to place their gnosis there to confirm they approved of the new archon. But you didn't want this to be happening. You wanted it to be a dream, you wanted her to be alive, asleep in the room right next to yours. You wanted to be able to walk over there and climb in the bed with her when you had the nightmare again. 

          Morax gently interrupted your thoughts by putting his hand on your shoulder from behind you. You sighed and stepped back. They needed to place their gnoses in the slots, and you were kinda in the way. Well, your wings were, for the most part. Not you, you were quite small, but your wings on the other hand, were a bit large. So you moved. After the others were done, there were still two slots open, the one for electro and.. cryo. Of course. The Tsaritsa never came to anything involving the other archons. This.. this wouldn't work without her. But then, the door pushed open, and she walked in. The air became cold as soon as she stepped near you. She stayed silent the entire time. She placed her gnosis in the slot forcefully then stepped away to the door. But the door locks when all of them have been placed, so she couldn't get out until it was over. The symbol glowed, and then the electro gnosis appeared in the slot out of thin air. The other archons stepped back. You hesitated. Then you stepped forward. You placed your hand on the gnosis in the center, closed your eyes, and then, you were there.