Chapter 10 - A Crown of Electro

Now I'm incorporating the new quest in! Btw, Y/N didn't know Baal was actually Ei until this chapter. Y'all get told and figure it out here.

          You opened your eyes. It was bright, so bright in fact, that you had to squint to see. Then your eyes adjusted. It was.. beautiful. You looked around, and then saw her.. wait no, that wasn't- there are two? Why are there two of them? You looked at them, confused. Then she got up and approached you. No wait, that was the other one, the one you haven't seen before. She took your hand and led you over to where they had been sitting. Then the one you knew got up and hugged you, smiling. "I see you finally decided on doing this. Took you a while," She said, laughing. "What? It's only been a day. What do you mean, finally?" You asked, confused, and also beginning to hug her back. "Oh right. I forgot, time moves slower here than in the real world." She laughed again, letting you go from the hug. We best get on with this, you can't stay forever, unfortunately," She said stepping back and pulling some vines away from a wall to reveal a door.   She opened it, stepping inside with the other not far after, then you. The room was amazing looking. It was purple with gold trim and had a table with the electro symbol on it, and a small hole in the center. "You know, my name isn't actually Baal. It's Ei, she's Baal," She said, standing next to you while the other one- the one Baal- not Baal- Ei said was actually Baal, went over to the table. Ei stepped over to it as well. You stepped to the table, on the opposite side of them. They bother held a hand above the hole in the table, and the gnosis floated out of it. They grabbed it, and Baal handed it to Ei. She walked over to you and pulled your arm up. You opened your hand and she placed it in your palm. You curled your hand shut and it disappeared. You felt different after that, but you paid it no mind, it was expected. Ei leaned down and hugged you one more, placing a small kiss upon your forehead. "You must go back now. You don't want to keep the others waiting, do you?"

          You woke up being held up by someone on the floor. You must've fallen over while you were with Ei. That's strange. You've attended at least two archon crownings, and neither of them fell over while they were with the original archons. Loud thunder clapped outside. The Tsaritsa left as soon as you woke up, so she wasn't here. The rest were still in the room though. You sat up, looking to see who had been holding you up. Morax, of course it was him. He'd been so kind to you all day, so it didn't surprise you. Murata was crouched on the floor looking at you worriedly. Strange. She was normally all about talking about fighting and stuff, not looking at people with a worried look on her face. The new archon falling while they're with the one/ ones that came before them must be bad, if Murata, the God of War, was worried. 

          "I'll stay with Y/N for a while. You all should go back to your nations." Morax looked up at the other archons, still crouched on the floor behind you. They took their gnoses back, walking out. Barbatos was the last one out of the room, hesitating and taking a glance back before leaving. You tried to stand up but apparently your legs did not want to work, and you fell backwards into Morax, who caught you. "That might not be the best idea, at least without any help," He said, standing up and making sure that you didn't fall again, which just resulted in him holding you up again, this time while standing. "Why did Murata look worried? Falling can't be that bad can it? Can it?" You asked him, a little confused. "As you know, the new archon would normally stay standing with their hand on the slot. If they fall over instead of standing, that means something went wrong during the gnosis transfer.." He suddenly looked worried as well.

          "Did you see anything out of the ordinary while you were getting the gnosis from Baal and Ei?" He asked worriedly, turning you around and looking at you in the eyes. "No.. not that I remember.. I don't remember much other than getting the gnosis and Ei hugging me before I came back..." You said, confused but also worried. "That's... that's not good, Y/N. That is not good."