The things we do for love (Yagami Light x Reader x Ryuk)

Top?

Bottom?

Summary: You are Light's secret girlfriend. When Misa finds out about it, she puts your name in her death note, but someone saves you.

Author: bodylanguage (on ao3)

this is a Ryuk x light x reader story 😏

________________________________________

You sit on Light's bed reading a set text. You breathe deeply and look around from time to time. You are not really interested in your book. However, you won't quit reading it, you are one of the best students and you would never want to ruin your reputation. You need to do your homework. You look at your boyfriend who lies between your thighs and uses his death note. The view makes you smile.

You are the only person who knows that he's Kira. No. You and Misa Amane, Light's second girlfriend. And unfortunately, you are the secret one. You are not happy with being hidden. You want to go on dates with Light, to stop being so careful all the time and just act like a normal couple. But at the same time you understand his situation. Being his girlfriend was her only request... she could ruin everything he had been working on, she could ruin his life. Everyday you dream about Misa just disappearing from this world. In your fantasies you and Light graduate from college with wonderful results and just make the world better together. You touch his hair and feel how his cheeks moves. He smiles.

You are completely in love with Light. He's the only one who understands you, the only one who makes you feel comfortable with yourself, with the person you really are. At first glance, you both are just perfect students, nice, funny, helpful, just lovely. No one knows the real you. Only you know (at least a part of) Light's dark side, only Light knows your dark side. You are not sure if he really loves you... But as long as he lets you stay, you are happy.

You adore everything about him. Seeing him with another girl is one of the most hurtful things that have ever happened to you. However, you never show anything. The main goal is more important than your feelings. His safety is more important...

He closes the notebook and puts it on his desk. Then, he lies next to you and looks at your book through your shoulder. You smile at him and kiss his jawline, then touch his neck gently. You want to do more, but you don't really feel comfortable while being watched by... Ryuk. He has been lying next to you and staring at you since the moment you sat down on the bed. Light doesn't pay attention to him, he hardly ever does, but you just can't. It's probably because you kinda like Ryuk. His laugh and stupid jokes, that are usually not meant to be jokes, always make you feel better.

- I prefer spending time at your place - Light says, touching your cheek softly. You put your head on his shoulder and close your eyes for a moment, smelling his scent and enjoying the touch of his warm skin.

- My parents left today's morning, so... maybe you will come tomorrow? You can even... stay for the night - you smile to him. Unfortunately, he doesn't do the same. He looks at you, his cold gaze makes you feel confused, even a little bit scared.

- Tomorrow I'm seeing Misa - he sighs and you lose your enthusiasm. - And I wanted to ask you... Could you take the notebook and use it tomorrow? I will visit you the day after tomorrow and take it. And of course we will spend some nice time together.

- Sure, Light - you say and he finally smiles. - You know it's not a problem - you add and kiss him again... and again and again. Your hands are around his neck and when you feel the touch of his fingers, you forget about everything and everyone else. - Why don't we live in a place where is just you and me? Nobody else, so we could be free...

- One day we will be free, [Y/N] - he smiles and closes his eyes for a moment. His head is on your shoulder and you can feel his breath. You know he thinks about the future, you know he dreams about his perfect world.