One Condition

Top!Mello

Bottom!Y/N

Summary: Nothing is free when it comes to the mafia- and Mello sure as hell isn't about to help you out for nothing in return. Good thing you don't mind offering a little payment. Mello x Female Reader.

Author: Laiova (on ao3)

_________________

You weren't going to be very good at this whole "mafia" thing, but that had become apparent to you within your first week there. The second thing that had become apparent to you? That Mello, the youngest guy in the group, basically had all of the men above him by their balls.

He was the youngest member, yet the most respected. He wasn't even the leading mafiosi, but he might as well have been- because Rod, the actual boss, followed every command that escaped Mello's lips in much the same way that a dog obeyed its master. Sometimes you wondered how that had come to happen- other times, you realized that you had better not ask.

You were the only female among them, despite the unspoken rule that women didn't "belong" in the mafia. Rod had warned you that women didn't typically last very long, but you hadn't listened. You were too desperate in the beginning. But you were starting to realize that he had been right... At least in your case; but what exactly could be done about your situation at this point?

Rod had practically laughed you out of the room when you'd originally asked to join them. Mello had told him to let you stay with them.

When Rod had informed you that part of your initiation would be to sleep with every member that wanted you, Mello had told him to let you make those decisions for yourself.

When Rod told you that it was time for you to make your first kill, Mello had ordered him to give you just a bit more time to adjust to the idea- to lay off you, for the time being. And he did, for the most part- aside from offering to pay your way in exchange for sex. And his offer was... Really appealing, if you were to be honest. You wouldn't have to be involved in the crime aspect of the mafia, just in sharing the bed with its leader. That would be a small price to pay for money and security... But you declined his offer, of course. Not because you were morally opposed to it- I mean, really, how many options did you have?- but because Rod was easily old enough to be your father, and the idea of sleeping with an older man who had probably fucked more women than you had birthdays... It just wasn't your style.

You sighed, contemplating your lack of options as you slid your bra off your shoulders, allowing it to fall onto the floor. You stepped out of your panties, as well, as you leaned forward to turn on the shower. Pulling your hair down in one fell swoop, it cascaded over your shoulders and down past your breasts- the breeze making you shiver just a bit. You hadn't realized how cold it was- it was really going to suck when you had to dry off.

After giving the water a moment to warm up, you stepped into the shower all at once, allowing the steam to envelope you as you admired just how much nicer this shower was than the one in your last hideout. Actually, pretty much everything about this hideout was better than the last, in your opinion... But perhaps you were just projecting negative feelings onto your past dwelling because of that creepy death god that had showed up there.

Yeah, you hadn't exactly signed up for creepy, paranormal monsters coming after their magical killing notebooks. You had signed up for the money and gang-mentality that came along with joining the mafia. You had signed up for a roof over your head and food in your stomach- because associating with criminals was better than sleeping under a bridge. Full stop.