ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ💜

"My mother is a petty trader. She sells at the market. Getting a scholarship is my only hope of attending the higher institution!" April says. Dumlesi's expression caught her attention.

Science brought up the fact that she was always reading and did not have time for herself. Because she had not been consistent in the hostel since they announced the midterm test.

"What about your father?" Light asks, clearly playing with his food.

"He is late. His family never accepted my mother. They took everything after he died! They even threw us out of our house," April recalls.

"I am so sorry about that!" Light says.

“Are you the only child?" Science inquiries.

"No! I have an older sister!" April responds.

"Wow!"

"What was your Physics score?" April tries to change the subject.

"17!" Light reacts with a smile, totally forgetting their previous topic. "How about you?" He inquires.

"20!" April grins.

              ____________________________🖊

Wendy, who was already fed up with her friends' awkward stares, finally closes her book. They were in their usual spot. A lawn adjacent to the cafeteria.

"What?" Wendy asks.
"What is with the look?" She inquires.

"I was wondering if I knew you at all!" Boma speaks with a folded arm.

"Meaning?" Wendy asks.

"Meaning, you had something with that useless thing Tari, and we had no idea!" Boma says looking grim.

"He is not a useless thing!" Wendy fires. Boma chuckles.

"No wonder." Precious nods her head. Making the three friends look in her direction.

"No wonder?" Wendy inquires with a raised eyebrow.

"I always wondered where Tari got the guts to abuse and mock you when no guy in the class can talk back at you. Why wouldn't he, when he had been fucking you!" Precious speaks without pausing.

The expression on Wendy's face was priceless.

"The funniest part is, we never knew. They just stopped seeing each other last term. Wendy, what else don't we know about you?" Boma asks.

"You both should stop barking. I knew all along. Besides, it's nothing important. Their Mums are best friends, they literally grew up together. What else do you want to know? What's the issue?" Darlintina asks.

Boma and Precious turns to them with a raised eyebrow.

"The issue is that we are best friends. Keeping things from each other is bad, Wendy; if I had heard it from someone else, I would not have believed it!" Boma confirms.

"Did you two date?" Precious asks Wendy, who stares at them, clearly tired of their questions.

"No," Wendy says, turning to her friends, who look at her as if she is grown two heads.

"You two never dated!" Precious asks, like she didn't believe her.

"His mom and my mom are best friends. His mother is not always present in town. She is a businesswoman. Tari and his younger sister spend almost every holiday at my house." Wendy explains.