Happy(?) Ending

Third person POV
Keith walked in the door, confused. It was just a stage, boombox, and a girl. Weird, but he's seen worse. He walked in and was noticed by her. "Hello! Are you here for the contest?" The girl said, the blue boy nodded. "Alright! Go ahead and follow along when I sing!" It was an alright song, very easy. But Keith was not the best at singing, and of course, missed most notes. "That's how you do it!" She encouraged, Keith knew the encouragement was a lie, of course. But it still helped his confidence boost up, and by the end he even freestyled a bit.

Cherry POV
Man, this guy sucks, I thought. Well, I was being rude but it was true! Who gets 6 misses on the first turn? There's only 4 notes to press! Nonetheless, I encouraged and helped his self esteem enough for him to freestyle. He sucked at rapping, but he was admittedly hotter than the rest of the 50-60 year old men that applied. Maybe if I tried to train him hard enough, he could even win? Oh, I hope so.

Daddy dearest POV
One moment, I'm with my beautiful daughter letting her prepare for the competition she is refusing to have. And next moment she's with a loser for a boyfriend. I can't let this happen! While they're on the stage i jump on. The blue haired boy almost fell down in suprise. Typical loser. I challenged him to a rap battle on the spot playing a song I made on the spot. It's baby music, but it's all he can handle, I'm sure. Huh, that blue kid is actually pretty good defeating me in fresh and bopbeebo. Well, no matter, I have one last trick up my sleeve.

Keith's POV
God, daddy dearest can be scary when he wants to.
After beating him in "dadbattle" (really great song!) he was infuriated! His horns showed, and his eyes glowed like never before! I thought he was gonna tear me limb from limb, but instead he mumbled "Same time, week five." And then walked away cursing me under his breath. I mean, I wasn't going to complain, but still, weird. Next I turned to this girl who said her name was cherry and asked "so...how about that shelter the poster told me about?"

Third person POV
Cherry simply laughed at Keith. "You might have to win a few more weeks to get shelter!" Cherry said, when asked how long by the blue haired boy she simply stated "only a few months or so! We need to get married first, of course!" This was not good news to Keith, who had planned on moving right away. Eventually, he sighed and went "home" to his sidewalk. Again, he had another dream.

~flashback~
Third person POV
Keith was very badly injured, and all he wanted to do was close his eyes. Pico was begging him to stay alive while running him over to the hospital. And the next few hours were only a blur. What he did remember was Pico helping him recover after. It was a moment of pure, childhood bliss, nothing more.
...right?

~end of flashback~

Keith woke up, thinking it was strange he was thinking of Pico of all people. He was suprised he even remembered him. Oh, well. He got up to face the next day. And it was gonna be a hard one.