Chapter 20:

Who you shipping most lemme know babe?

Damon's POV

"Damon who was that?" Lucia asked her voice filled with fear.

I grabbed her hand while rubbing circles with my thumb.

"This may freak you out but please don't worry okay? Everything is okay to be fine" I Looked at her with big eyes.

She only stood staring confusedly.

I put my two fingers out and made a large circle in the air.

It did nothing.

What the fuck.

I tried two more times but still to no avail.

Lucia was looking at me like I'm crazy.
Just move past it. I'm not embarrassed.
I do not get embarrassed.

But I did feel my cheeks started to warm.

I quickly changed the conversation over.

"Sweetheart the person who texted it was Blake, we need to get out of here okay? So stay close to me at all times, you understand?" My voice was soft but still stern.

She nods her head eyes filled with terror as the screams outside only get louder.

"Lucia, I will not let anyone hurt you, you are going to be okay my love alright?" I smiled down at her while tucking her beautiful blonde curls behind her ear.

I know I would never let happen ever. Well at least still while she belongs to me.

She smiled up at me and I could have sworn on the satanic bible that I could feel my heart beat. Which hasn't happened since the beginning of time.

When me and sunny were younger.

My heart aches slightly thinking about even comparing her to another.

I start marching for the door, still having Lucia close to me, gripping her hand as tightly as I could without crushing her hand.

Humans and their weak bodies.

I pulled the door open, the hallway was still empty but not as dark, flames of red and and orange were dancing on the walls as we kept walking towards the noise.

Lucia the poor thing was shaking, but I couldn't do anything except move forward. She must be scared out of her mind.

We turned the corner to see something I never expected to see in the human realm.

It's was volgethen's Henchmen.

Their horns sharp, eyes black as night while their wings where big they were certainly not as big as me or my brothers.

They were everywhere, tearing any humans in the room to shreds. Either with their claws or fangs.

Blood plastered the hall, I cannot even imagine the mess they must have made in the ballroom.