twenty three

"Mara? Wake up!" I hear and feel someone shaking me awake.

"God, can't I get some sleep?" I ask turning to see Rafe.

"I think someone is at the door." He says and I check my phone to see that it's 3:00.

"Jesus. Hold on." I say getting up and throwing Rafe's shirt on.

I go downstairs and slowly open the door to see JJ. His face covered in blood and bruises. "Oh my god! JJ what happened?" I asked pulling him into the house.

"My dad again.. I tried to get some stuff and I didn't know who else to go to." He cry's and I pull him into a hug.

"Shhh... J. Breathe in and out okay?" I ask noticing he is panicking.

"I-is anyone else here?"

"Rafe is. But I'm sure he won't care. Let's get you cleaned up okay?" I say pulling him upstairs.

"Hey.. Rafe it's just JJ. I'm gonna clean him up real quick." I say peaking my head through my door.

"What happened?" He asks getting up.

"Just a few cuts and bruises." I tell him as he comes over to JJ and his eyes widen.

"I know, it's bad." JJ tells him.

And for once I am actually seeing Rafe worry for him. I could see he felt bad for him. I told him to just go lay back down and I went into the bathroom getting some stuff to clean his wounds.

"JJ, something needs to be done about this. This isn't good." I say waving my hand over his face.

"I know.. it's just hard." He says as I clean his cuts and he flinched.

"Sorry J. Almost done." I finish up cleaning his face. "Would you like to stay here." I ask.

"No it's okay. I don't want to bother you and Rafe."

"He won't mind. Really. Just head downstairs and I'll get you some stuff for the couch okay? Food is in the fridge if you need some." I say patting his shoulder.

"Thank you Mar." He says and I nod as he walks down the steps and I go back into my room.

"Hey do you mind if JJ stays the night?" I ask Rafe as he's on his phone.

"No. Not at all. It's your house Mar."

"Okay. I'll be right back." I say grabbing some pillows and blankets.

I work my way downstairs and make the couch for JJ but he tries to stop me. "Mar? I can do it. You've done enough to help."

"I've got it. Now scoot" I say chuckling as he does to.

I finish making the couch up for him. "Goodnight J!" I say hugging him.

"Goodnight Mar. Thanks again." He says.

"Of course." I smile walking back to my room and crawling into bed with Rafe.

"Everything good?" He asks wrapping his arms around me.

"I think so. I'm just worried about him. I hate his dad so much."

"I can take care of his dad." He says.

"No Rafe.. it's okay." I give a reassuring smile.

"Okay. I'm just saying. No one really deserves to go threw that."

"I know. I'll figure something out."

"You've been focusing so much on others. You need to focus on yourself. Give yourself a break." He rubs my shoulders.

"I know Rafe. I just love them."

"I know you do and I'm sure they will understand everything if you explain to them."

"You're right. Talk more in the morning?" I ask.

"Yep. Goodnight." He says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Night." I say tucking my head into his chest.

But little did I know Rafe was extremely jealous of how I was with JJ. He felt insecure but chose to hide it for now.

Sorry if this was so short. I hope you enjoyed thank you for the 30k reads! love you all!