thirteen

Emara's POV

About an hour of watching Rafe fall alseep, I try to fall asleep but then hear crying and whimpering. I look to see Rafe crying. He was having a nightmare.

"Hey, hey! Rafe wake up!" I yell shaking him and his eyes burst open.

"It's okay! It was just a bad dream okay? I'm here." I tell him as he hugs me and I kiss the top of his head. I then wipe the tears from his face and kiss his cheek.

"You okay?" I ask holding the boy in my arms.

"Yeah." He says holding onto me.

"Want a glass of water?" I ask and he nods. I walk down the steps and Rafe follows me, which I didn't mind.

I grabbed a cup from the cupboard and filled it up with some cold water and hand it to him. I then admired the way he looked. But when I see the cuts it makes me horrified. What his father did was wrong. Yes Rafe did something wrong but he was just fixing his mistakes.

"What was the dream about?" I finally ask, sitting up on the kitchen counter.

"It was about my dad. It is so stupid. He was just telling me how worthless I was and he just kept on beating me." He says with hurt in his voice.

"Just remember it's just a nightmare okay? Think of happy stuff. Like when we went on a date. Think of that." I say hopping off the counter and hugging him.

He only nods and I walk back up the stairs as he follows behind. When we get to my room we lay back down. I end up shooting my mom a text letting her know Rafe is here which she didn't really care as long as there's no stupid stuff going on.

"Goodnight Emara." He says.

"Goodnight Rafe." I say as I put my arms around him.

"Remember happy thoughts." I whisper to him and he nods. I then soon dose and fall asleep.

•••

"Mara?" I hear and open my eyes to see Rafe.

"Yeah?" I say rubbing my eyes.

"Do you mind if uh I spend another night tonight?" He asks.

"I don't mind at all. Stay as long as you need to. I just have to go see the pogue's today." I tell him and he nods.

"You're more than welcome to come with me." I suggest.

"They hate me." He says.

"Nah. Come on." I say pulling him downstairs.

"Morning mom." I say.

"Morning Emara, morning Rafe. You okay?" She asks pointing to his face.

"Yeah. Just a little incident that's all." He says and she nods understanding.

I grab two bowls and cereal and fill them up. I the grab milk and fill the bowls up and hand one to Rafe with a spoon.

"Thank you." He smiles.

"Of course."

After we finish eating I clean up and go change for the day. My mom ended up putting Rafe's clothes in the washing machine so he could wear them today. He said he'll ask Sarah to grab him some of his clothes.

"Hey don't be nervous okay?" I tell him as we are now driving over to the chateau.

"Yep."

When we arrive he grabs my hand and we go to the porch only to find John B and Kiara. No JJ or Pope.

"What's he doing here?" John asks.

"And what happened to his face?" Kiara asks.

"I got beat up by my dad. And Mara invited me. Mar I told you this was a bad idea.." Rafe sighs.

"No, you're fine we just don't want any drama." JB says.

"I promise I won't start shit." He says and they both nod to each other. I just really hope they all get along.

"Where J and Pope?" I ask.

"They've been MIA ever since the fight I guess you'd call it." Kie says.

"Oh.."

"Like I said they'll come around." Kiara says and I nod.

The rest of the day was actually really nice. No arguing. Everyone got along. It made me happy. We went fishing for a bit and the. John B grilled some hot dogs.

It was just nice seeing all the happy faces which I didn't expect really. I think Rafe has changed into good so far and I'm proud of him.

a/n:
i thought this was cute. he finally got to hang with the pogue's. well 2 of them. i hope you guys enjoy this and thanks for the 1k reads much love!!