one

Emara's POV

"Come on Mara this would be your first kegger!" My friend John B said to me, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, please! I won't leave your side." My other friend Kiara says.

"I'm scared I haven't gone to one of your 'keggers' before. Plus the kooks are there right?" I say using air quotes as I push John B's arm off me and sitting beside JJ.

"You never come with us to any party," JJ says.

"Because I don't want to deal with people sometimes," I say. "Well, you deal with us." Pope laughs.

"That's enough for me." I laugh. "Boo, you suck." John B says as he grabs a beer from the cooler. "If you guys stop bugging me about it maybe I'll go." I say and everyone smiles causing me the roll my eyes.

About a few minutes later I have my decision made. "Fine guys, I'll go. But I have to go get ready. So I'll be back in a few." I say and everyone claps their hands.

"Hey hey. Calm down before I change my mind." I say and they stay silent. "Kie you wanna come with?" I ask her and she nods walking with me to my car.

We finally get to my house and I say hello to my mom. My mom was the only guardian I had at the moment, my father was probably drunk at some bar. It sucked for my mom and I.

I go upstairs and throw on a grey crop top along with my ripped jean shorts. Then I threw on a pair of my black and white vans.

"Ooo you look pretty," Kiara says making me smile. "Thank you!" I say giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Me and Kiara have been really close this past year. She was the only person that could understand me. So did the others but not as much as Kie.

"Ready to go?" I asked as Kiara laid on my bed. "Yes ma'am." She says coming to the car with me.

•••

"There's our classic Mara. Rocking the normal look as usual." John B laughs causing me to chuckle. "Mhm I just wanted to look presentable," I say.

"You are literally wearing the same thing, but with rips and a different color," JJ says. "Hey don't be judging me." I hit his arm.

"But he is stating the facts," Pope says agreeing with the blonde-haired boy. "Ah, this is bullshit. Don't be teaming up with each other." I say hitting them both in the arm and they just laugh.

"Don't worry Em I think you look amazing," Kiara says giving me a side hug. "Well thank you." I smile.

"Hey, we didn't say you looked bad. You look good don't get me wrong." JJ says and I roll my eyes.

"You are a dick sometimes you know that," I say pushing him playfully. "Now what did I do!" He protests.

"JJ what don't you do to be a dick." John B says playing along and JJ throws his hands in the air and sighs.

"Now who's teaming up on me?" JJ says putting his hands on his hips.

"We were just agreeing." John B says and I nod. JJ just shakes his head in defeat. "Let's go we got a kegger to go to." John B says as I hear a sigh from Pope.

"Don't worry Pope I don't want to go either," I say putting my arm around his shoulder. "Yeah. Hopefully, there's not fights." Pope says.

"Hopefully not." I say as we all get into my car. "You know where the boneyard is?" JJ asks.

"Yes JJ I do," I say and drive to our destination.

When we get there JJ and John B go straight to the keg. Of course they would, it's beer. Now I wasn't really the type of person to drink or get drunk but if it's a party, I might as well.

"Come on," Kiara says dragging me to the keg. She then fills a cup and gives it to me. I take a swig of it and just nod my head. "Decent," I say and Kiara laughs putting some of the foam from the beer on my nose making me laugh even more. Then she works her way over to Pope.

When I turn around I bump into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry.." I say looking up to see a blue-eyed boy with styled blonde hair.

"Your good. No worries." He smiles. "I'm Rafe by the way." He says sticking his hand out. "Emara," I say shaking his hand. "I assume you are a kook?" I say looking up into his sparkling eyes.

"What makes you think that?" He asks. I then point to his clothes. "You have way nicer clothes than me, a gold watch, and styled hair." I chuckle. "I guess you caught me. And your a pogue?" He assumes.

I then put my head down and nod. "Why so sad about it?" He asks. "My friends said pogue's and kook's don't get along. So why talk to me?" I ask.

I knew this boy but has never seen his face. My friends mentioned him to me. Rafe as in Rafe Cameron. Sarah's brother I assume. He looked a little bit like her but seemed fancier. The pogue's said he did a lot of fucked up things to them. Which half of them I knew what he did but he didn't seem as bad as everyone said he was.

"Because you haven't done anything wrong. And what have your friends said about us kooks?" He asks. "A lot. Like how you guys just cause issues with the pogue's. Well my friends I guess." I tell him then I see JJ and John B come to both sides of me.

"Why are you talking to him?" JJ asks. "Because he was being nice to me." I say with a confused look. "He's the dirtiest kook in outer banks." John B says.

"Well he hasn't done me dirty yet. He's been nice to me for a bit." I tell them. "For a bit. Then he'll jump you on a golf course, or try to drown you." John B says giving the boy a death glare.

"Listen bro. I apologized multiple times." Rafe buts in. "Still. You did it and you have no right talking to Emara." JJ says pulling me away. I then mouthed 'i'm sorry' to the boy. And he mouthed it's okay back as he smiled.

a/n:
hey guys! i hope this gets some votes or views! i may or may not do schedule updates! so i hope you love this as much as i do! h the template of how i have this story i got the idea from maybankz