17. Killing Off Characters

It is indeed a sad fate to reach such a point of despair such as portrayed above. Truly the most heart wrenching moment in anyone's writing career.

But THIS is why I'M here, my dear students. To make sure you prevail, to shield you from the hurtful experiences of the world.

Unless you're a background character. No one cares when they die, am I right?

So, let's see, why would you need to kill off characters in the first place? I mean, dying sucks, am I right? Well, as true as that is, a story needs drama, needs tension, needs conflict. So the best way to show how dangerous a scenario is to our main character is to someone die at the hands of it. Doesn't matter if it's a cataclysm or a villain. Works all the same.

Now's the important part. Who do you kill?

.
.
.

Huh? What was that in the back? 'To further the plot'?! Where the hell you think you are? Do I run a circus here? Of course not!

You kill the ones that get in the way of your own plans for showering your oc in praise and rewards! Sigh...Do i have to do everything myself here? LOOK!

See this? You better hang that to your walls, mirrors and doors so you never forgets it

See this? You better hang that to your walls, mirrors and doors so you never forgets it. THAT is how make such an important decision.

Another character stealing romance candidates for your oc? Preposterous ! Cease those thoughts immediately. OCs have a single destiny to fulfill...to cuck the canon mc at every corner!

And yeah, of course the oc is male cause who else would write fanfiction about series such as DxD or any other series with a large fast of female characters? I may not know how you look, but I sure know how you think, students. It's precisely why I'm a master at my craft.

MOVING ON!

Despite what I said, there's bound to arise complaints from the infidels about how only the male characters get slaughtered, aside from the mc. I know, I know. Despicable, but alas...a writer must also make sacrifices for the sake of those who give them the sweet validation they desire in their lonely lives. Some females might be lost in the process.

But between us...