Prologue Part 1 (5 yrs. before)

Hoseok had to admit he was nervous. The 21-year-old had done well on his first interview at Cypher Technologies, but the position his Hyung had gotten him an interview for had a requirement he had no experience with. If "get the boss's coffee right" had just meant putting the right amount of sugar packets and cream, he'd be fine, but as he had eventually learnt from his Yoongi hyung, it was far from that simple. Hoseok didn't know the first thing about coffee, which is why after finding out about having to bring the perfect coffee for his second interview, he had immediately called his college Junior panicking.

Jimin assured him this shop was the perfect place, but as Hoseok approached the store he was feeling quite apprehensive. The shop, called 'The Magic Brew' looked unimpressive and dated from the outside, through the window Hoseok could see decor that frankly looked like it belonged in the 70's, along with the peeling wallpaper, and the ripped booths, it didn't paint a pretty picture. However he didn't have any other options, and his interview was in a half hour, so Hoseok bucked up and entered.

Despite how unimpressive the shop looked from the outside, the atmosphere inside felt warm and inviting. The decor was atrocious, but the smell of the coffee and the sweets was heavenly.

Hoseok approached the counter where a purple haired man with his back turned to him appeared to be arranging mugs. Hoseok tried to get the man's attention, but he was unsuccessful as the man in question was clearly preoccupied dancing along to the music playing while he completed his task. While Hoseok normally would have joined in, he was pressed for time so he rang the bell on the counter. This seemed to work as the man immediately spun around to face him in surprise.

Now that Hoseok could see the man he took in his features. The man was a bit taller than him, and was quite handsome. His purple hair, which was clearly not done by a professional did nothing to diminish the man's beauty. It instead enhanced the man's subtle femininity.

The man, now recovered from his shock, asked "Good Morning, and how may I help you today?"

Hoseok replied "Hi Jimin sent me to see his Seokjin Hyung."

The man immediately lit up upon hearing that. "Oh you must be J-Hope! I didn't expect a man in a suit, when Jiminie said his dance Hyung would come."

Hoseok blushed at hearing his stage name from college. "Yeah that's me. My name is Hoseok, but since you're Jimin's friend you can call me Hobi."

Seokjin smiled brightly at Hoseok, and replied. "Jiminie is like a little brother to me because of how close he is to my actual brother, Taehyung. He explained a bit of your situation and that you'd need a 'JinHit' special for your interview. Now I'm going to ask you a few questions about your potential boss, and I'll brew him the perfect coffee based on that."

Hoseok eagerly replied. "Okay, anything."

Seokjin Smiled. "What kind of cologne does he wear? Floral, Smoky, or Spicy?"

That's the first of the ten odd sounding questions Hoseok was asked by Seokjin, who requested to be called Jin Hyung, as any friend of his Jiminie was family to him. Jin also brewed a coffee for Hobi based on his behavior during their brief meeting. He gave Hobi the coffees on the house, told a corny joke that had Hobi rolling on the floor laughing, and wished him luck.

Hoseok, who was still a bit stunned by the encounter stood outside the Cypher tech. office building for a minute to get his bearings. He took his first sip of his coffee from Jin, and was amazed by how delicious it was. With newfound confidence in his new Hyung, Hobi entered the building for his interview.