Chapter 5 🍌🥛

Taehyung was definitely anxious about having to serve customers without his Hyung there. Jin had given him a pep talk before leaving, and while it definitely helped a bit, Tae couldn't help but hope no one would be coming through those doors anytime soon.

The doors did open though and Taehyung was forced to serve a customer. Luckily it was a regular named Park Seo-Joon who knew about the boy's skittish nature. Taehyung prepared the man's usual order and shyly waved goodbye after the man thanked him. The encounter boosted the boy's confidence, so when the door opened again he made sure to show the customer his warmest smile.

 The encounter boosted the boy's confidence, so when the door opened again he made sure to show the customer his warmest smile

••••

Jungkook had decided to finally check out 'The Magic Brew' since it was close to his apartment and his fridge was empty. He put on his mask and a hat, because he wasn't thrilled with having to see people at the moment.

Upon entering the cafe, Jungkook was immediately greeted with a boxy smile. The smiling worker was absolutely gorgeous despite it being 9 in the morning. Jungkook decided that maybe seeing that smile was worth leaving his apartment. He briefly contemplated trying to befriend the boy, but decided that was a bit too daunting of a task for that morning. He settled with ordering something. After briefly scanning the menu, he decided he would look weird if he went to a coffee shop, and didn't order a coffee.

He quickly ordered an americano and a cinnamon roll. The worker, who's name tag said Taehyung, asked if he would be staying or taking his order to go.

Jungkook surprised himself when he replied, "I'll stay."

Taehyung smiled at him and informed him he'd bring his order over as soon as it's ready.

••••

Taehyung was proud of himself for not panicking in front of the stranger. He quickly prepared the man's order and walked it over. Then went back to the counter.

Tae had to admit that when he removed his mask and hat the man was really attractive

Tae had to admit that when he removed his mask and hat the man was really attractive. He had a brow piercing as well as a few ear piercings, and a lip piercing to top it all off. Taehyung blushed, embarrassed over checking out someone he'd just met. He continued peeking at him though. Taehyung was secretly looking for an opportunity to talk to the mysterious man. Taehyung got his chance. After seeing the man scrunch up his face at the taste of his coffee he thought he'd do him a favor. Taehyung grabbed something from behind the counter and brought it up to the man.

••••

Jungkook didn't understand how Yoongi could drink that stuff, it was so bitter. He looked out from under his hat and noticed the cute barista walking up to his table.

Taehyung chuckled slightly awkwardly, and began. "I noticed you didn't seem to really like the coffee, so I brought you something I think you might find a bit more palatable."

Taehyung placed the bottle of banana milk down on the table. Jungkook stared at the drink surprised that the man brought him his favorite drink.

Taehyung panicked since the customer hadn't responded, and quickly added " We also have strawberry and chocolate milk. I just thought maybe..." Taehyung grabbed the bottle again feeling embarrassed he did something like that.

Before Taehyung could take back the banana milk and go hide, Jungkook grabbed his hand that was on the bottle.
"No. Banana milk is my favorite. I was just surprised you brought it over. Thank you." Jungkook said finally making eye contact with the other. The two smiled at each other before noticing their hands were still touching. They both let go and started blushing.

Jungkook broke the silence. "Well, I'm Jungkook. It's nice to meet you. Thank you again."

Taehyung beamed at Jungkook, replying. "I'm Taehyung. I'm happy I found something you enjoy. Have a nice meal, Jungkook-ssi." With that Taehyung went back to the counter, and Jungkook ate his breakfast. They stole subtle glances at each other until Jungkook got up to leave.

"Goodbye Taehyung-ssi."

"Goodbye Jungkook-ssi. Come again soon."

AN: I'm trying out the dots for major character focus switches, as well as time jumps. Idk what else to call it I don't actually switch POV at all because writing in first person makes me wanna puke.