𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

October 1983

Ziggy had arrived a month ago in Shadyside and had already fixed up the house a bit, although it still looked old but there was nothing she could fo about it.

Sarah and Ted had decided to rent a house nearby, since that one by then was a mess.

Coming back to Shadyside had brought back too many memories and that had affected her. There were times she didn't even know what time it was, so she had to set several clocks to avoid forgetting what she had to do.

She had also put locks on every possible entrance to feel more secure.

She had adopted a dog and named him "Major Tom", he kept her company. Her friends were going to visit her but they would soon return to their normal lives and she was not going to see them as often as before.

She went to visit her sister once.

Returning to Shadyside had brought her back to reality, the pain that was once present was even stronger than before.

Walking around the house hurt too much, there were even times when it was hard to breathe.

She had taken up smoking, not too much but doing so helped to calm her down when she reached an extreme point.

...

Ziggy comes down the stairs and stops dead in her tracks when she visualizes a piece of paper on the floor.

She doubts her friends hadn't knocked on the door, so it was someone else's.

She slowly walks down the rest of the stairs and bent down to pick it up.

Her breathing stopped for a few seconds.

"It's happening again."

She recognized the handwriting immediately, plus there was only one person she knew who used the red-colored pen.

Nick...

Memories of them writing the note to take Sheila to the bathroom and then throwing spiders at her head came back to her mind.

"Now?" he asked. "Now", she replied.

She felt a lump in his throat.

If the note means what she think it means... then after all those years he finally believes her.

...

The phone message she had heard flashes through her mind.

"Hello, my name is Deena Johnson. Look I think you saw the witch. We need to know how you survived!"

"Hey, we're being attack, alright?. There are killers here!"

"If you're there, please pick up. Please answer."

She was at home when they called her, but she had been unable to answer, there was no way she would risk going through that again, yet she felt guilty.

It wasn't like she could have helped them.

If the curse hadn't been stopped by her sister's sacrifice, then there was no way they could have gotten it.

Ziggy heads to the phone, the least she can do is warn them.

She looks up the phone number and dials it, she didn't find Deena Johnson's name but she did find the name of a man she assumed was her father.