𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

December 1983

"What are we doing here?" Ziggy asks, pulling Nick by the hand.

"Shhh".

Nick had dragged Ziggy after going to dinner at the Shadyside mall.

It was closed and he had opened it, which is clearly illegal.

Isn't he supposed to be the sheriff?

They walk down the aisles until they stop at the door of a bookstore.

"Do you remember what it was before it became a bookstore?" Nick asks, bending down to pick the lock on the door.

Ziggy looks around, trying to locate the sites of the old camp.

"The Science and Nature hut", she says.

Nick pulls her by the hands to go inside.

"When they were doing the floor plan for the mall, I asked my mom that this place would only rent it if it was a bookstore."

Ziggy smiles, as he leads her toward the Stephen King books, which are located right where they had their first kiss.

Nick stops next to them and settles in to face her.

"Ziggy", he says, bringing one hand to her waist and the other to her cheek.

"Nick", she replies with a smile, bringing her hands to his chest.

He smiles too.

"I know this place has a lot of bad memories..." Ziggy nods "but it's also the place where I met you..." he lowers the hand he had on her cheek to her lips and caresses them, "where I first kissed you".

Ziggy nods, not quite understanding what he means.

"Nick, I don't..." but he interrupts her, giving her a small kiss on the lips.

"Ever since we got here after playing a prank", Ziggy smiles, remembering the moment "from that instant I knew I wanted to spend all my days with you".

Ziggy feels tears coming to her eyes and Nick nervously pulls out of his pocket a small box, he had spent all night making sure he didn't miss it.

He bend on one knee and the first tear rolls down the redhead's cheek.

"Christine Berman, will you marry me?"

More tears.

Ziggy pulls him by the hands, making him stand up and then kisses him.

It's a kiss filled with emotion from both of them.

"Is that a yes?" Nick asks when they pull apart.

Ziggy smiles.

"That's a yes", she confirms.

Nick lets out a sigh, getting the nerves out of his body.

Ziggy laughs at him.

He rolls his eyes and reaches over to wipe away her tears.

His hand reaches for her left hand and gently puts on her the ring that, though he would never admit, he spent hours searching for.

"I love you", Nick says, starting to give her kisses all over her face.

Ziggy laughs and stops him, giving him a kiss on the lips.

"And I love you", she replies as she breaks away.

...

February 1984