𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

October 1983

When Ziggy and Nick open the door that leads them out of the cave they visualize a closet full of clothes.

"What in the fuck?" Ziggy asks.

They walk toward the entrance of the house.

"I know this house", Nick says.

Ziggy turns to look at him and raises her eyebrows, waiting for him to explain.

Nick looks at her for a few seconds.

"It's like the abandoned house in Sunnyvale".

"Doesn't look abandoned to me", Ziggy mentions, looking around.

"Sheila probably lived here all this time", Nick says thoughtfully.

Ziggy purses her lips, trying not to smile.

He looks cute when he thinks.

"Oh my..." Nick leaves the sentence in the air and runs to a window, she follows him, confused.

"What?" Ziggy asks.

"I can see my house from here", he replies in surprise.

"She was obsessed", she says, trying to get a better look at the houses, she doesn't know which one is Nick's, but they are all a hell of a lot bigger than Ziggy's.

Nick looks sideways at her and smiles.

"Ziggy..." he speaks trying to get her attention.

"Uhm?"

"Why don't you stay at my house today? It's late".

Ziggy frowns.

"It's daylight", Ziggy replies, returning her gaze to him but pointing to the window with her hand.

Nick rolls his eyes and Ziggy finds it amusing.

The plan to kill Sheila had started in the night, but with all that had happened it had already dawned.

Ziggy smiles.

"Okay, but only because it's an hour and a half from here to Shadyside and I'm falling asleep".

Nick smiles too, taking her hand to guide her.

...

Ziggy opens all the doors, looking for Nick's room while he contacted the police station to report what happened.

She was surprised at how big the house is, even though he lives alone, what does he need so much stuff for?

She opened another door and found a room that compared to the others that were guest rooms, this one almost screamed Nick's room.

There were books on the nightstand, the coat with the Sheriff badge on it, and other things that looked out of place, but still not cluttered.

Ziggy closes the door behind her and lets out a long sigh as she sees that there are more doors.

Opening the first one she hits the bathroom, did he really have a bathroom in his room?

She walks to the next one, but she is too curious and goes to the nightstand to look at the books.

She picks up the first one carefully.

Salem's Lot.

Second favorite after Salem's Lot.

Nick's favorite book, which she could tell because it looked worn.

She runs her fingers over the cover of the book.