Chapter 27

Sometimes, family reunion is not so... emotional. I was surprised when Mr F– I mean Dad punched Mr. Stan– I mean Uncle Stan! This is sooo weird right now. Your kinda boss is your uncle and the author of the journals is your father, isn't that crazy?! And that means... I'm a Pines all along! Y/n L/n Pines... Wow, what a plot twist in my life.

We we're all confused. I've learned that the machinery is some kind of portal to the other dimension, which is really dangerous (according to him) and will the set the world in catastrophe.

It's obvious that Dad and Uncle Stan are not in good terms. Mr. Stan was expecting a thank you from my dad but he didn't received any instead he claimed that his brother ruined his life and future, but how?

Mr. Stan began telling his life story. They were once inseparable until he did one fatal mistake. He accidentally broke his brother's science work, making Dad being rejected at his dream school, West Coast Institute of Technology. Being rejected to one prestigious school means losing a lot of fortune in the future.

I once saw a brief memory of Mr. Stan getting kicked out of his house but I never knew the reason of it and now I know, I felt sad for that. Imagine all the problems and pain he went through and he handled it all by himself, alone. He was banned from a lot of states and that explains why he had a bunch of fake IDs. Scamming people and being a fraud were his source of living.

In the other hand, my father's a gifted genius. He's the smartest person I've possibly met from what I heard from Mr. Stan. He said that he had abnormally high IQ. He had a birth defect which having an extra finger. He claimed that it might be the reason why he had obsession in sci-fi mystery weirdness. Having an extra finger means being bullied and being called a "freak". Those monsters... But those didn't stop his passion, seeking answers and knowledge about Science. He created an science experiment that made the teachers go wild. Because of that, an opportunity came, the West Coast Institute of Technology admission team was going to check out his work. Unfortunately, it was not functioning when he showed it to them, making him being rejected. He was furious when he discovered that it was his brother's doing.

He ended up studying in Backupsmore University, a backup university. Even the university lacks of prestige, he was even more determined to work twice as hard. He went from undergrad to PhD three years ahead of his schedule, wrote a thesis that was nationally ranked and was awarded an enormous grant for his own scientific research. His intelligence is intimidating and astonishing at the same time. Then, he began to study the town of Gravity Falls.

Gravity Falls is full of anomalies, oddities and so whatever impossible things you can find in this town. It's filled with wonder and weirdness. He began to research every anomaly he can find, leading of the making of the journals. Dipper screamed excitedly, knowing its his favorite part, the journals. I can see that they were alike, they like to solve mysteries and seek more knowledge.

Back to his tale, he began questioning himself. Where does all this anomalies come from? It looks like it's only natural for it to exist in this town. He theorised that there's a dimension of weirdness leaking into ours. He decided to make a gateway, a portal to the source of weirdness. Because of his idea, he needed an assistant and that's when Fiddleford (or Old Man McGucket) come in.

They work together very hard to build this project. All their blood, sweat and tears were all offered to perfect the machine. Then, the testing day came, an accident happened. Fiddleford flew towards the portal and saw what's on the other side. He was pulled back yet he was started to act weird, mumbling incomprehensible words then said that the machine is dangerous as it can bring the end of the world. He said that destroy it before it's too late but refused to destroy his life work, making his assistant quit.