fifty-one

IRL

Lavender woke up, feeling a hand place in hers. She hadn't realized she'd fallen asleep, but between the lack of from the night before and the stress she'd gone through that day, she was exhausted. Opening her eyes she noticed Dylan sat beside her, watching her carefully.

"Dyl?" Lavvie mumbled, holding tighter onto his hand as she was hit with another contraction.

"Im so sorry." Dylan cried, he felt guilty, if he hadn't done what he did she wouldn't have been under stress induced labor. They would both be at home, sleeping in their bed, instead of the hospital with IV's stuck into her arms.

"Its okay, just-fuck, okay fuck-" Lavender felt her body tense up, squeezing Dylans hand with a grip so tight it would definitely bruise over. "Doctor, Dylan, now!" She let go of his hand and he ran out of the room, coming back seconds later with several doctors beside him.

"Okay, sweetheart, place your feet here." Lavvie complied, spreading her legs as she knew what was about to happen. Dylan stood over her for a moment before his eyes widened and he took his seat next to her again.

Everything was happening so fast, Lavvie could barely comprehend all the things being shouted in the room. The only thing she knew was that she was pushing, listening to the doctors counting and breathing along. Each push harder than the last, Dylan by her side for every second.

With one final, big push, she let out a cry, followed by the high cry of a baby. Lavvie couldn't keep her eyes open, the rush of adrenaline fading and she felt herself falling back to sleep.

When she'd woken up, almost an hour later, the doctors had cleared the room. She tried to sit up, the pain in her lower half too much to bare. Yet, the baby pink blanket cradled in Dylans arms was something that made her break into tears of joy.

"Ah, mommas up." Dylan said softly, smiling to Lavender as he made his way over to her. "Want to see our little girl?" Dylan asked, he hadn't put her doen since the doctors handed him the baby, but knew Lavender needed to hold her.

"No, you can keep her." Lavender joked, only to hold out her arms for the tiny infant. When she held the 5 lb baby in her arms she wanted to sob, she truly was perfect. Lavender couldn't have been more grateful with the small family her and Dylan had started.

"She had your nose." Dylan said, finding that one of his favorite features on Lavender.

"Have you named her?"

"I was waiting for you." He answered, sitting in the chair next to her bed.

"How about, Aurora Fleur O'Brien."