Chapter Six

A/N: CHAPTER SIX!

I will be updating every two or three days! So there will be many regular updates!!!! Hope you are all enjoying the new version, if you are new, hope you are liking!!!!

Please comment below and give me your thoughts on the new version or what you are thinking! I would love to hear from everybody!!!

Chapter Six:

Sitting on my bed, I chewed at my nails. The irritating clock that laid in front of my bed ticked away with an awful screeching noise.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

The clock chimed in time with my heart. I closed my eyes, cringing in pain as the sound consumed me. Taking a mind of its own in my body. My clothes clung to me like a second skin, sweat pooling around my forehead that slowly cascaded down my face.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Opening my eyes I tried focusing on the clock, I tried reading the time. But try was all I did. Swirling numbers, the minute hand, hour hand, all blurring into one as my world spun in circles. My body is in sync with the clock, heartbeat in time with its chimes.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

I pulled at my now short sleeve shirt, having swapped it for another one I had in my bag. But even then, it did no justice. Even the frosty cold of the night did nothing from my seat on the bed with no blanket draped across me. Swiping a hand across my forehead, sweat spread onto the back of my hand.

Tick.

I grabbed a canteen from my bag.

Tock.

I took a swig of water.

Tick.

"Bryce?"

Tock.

I glanced at Carter. He sat on his bed and my eyes widened in surprise, my heart rate beginning to quicken. A flush rose on my cheeks, heat burning through my body, heating just a fraction more for a moment before I forced myself to calm down. Shaking my head from the fever that was now making me irrational.

It took all my concentration to keep my gaze diverted from his shirtless chest and keep my stare on his face. He stared at me in confusion but I focused on not looking down. At his hard chest, the skin smoothed and surprisingly tanned. His muscles were taut and had patches of burns visible through the gleam of sweat coating his chest. The flush on my face grew hotter when I suddenly heard coughing. "Bryce?"

Hastily, I glanced up to his face and when I saw the smirk dancing on his twitching lips, green eyes lit with amusement, I felt flustered realising he caught me staring.

"Bryce," he teased and I realised I still had not replied. "Yes?" I asked breathlessly.

His smirk deepened as a dimple formed on his cheek. He glanced down at himself in confusion, staring at his hard, defined chest before trailing his eyes to mine.

"Is there something on my chest?" He jested.

I gave him a deadpan glance, narrowing my eyes at him, reluctantly replying, "Nothing."

"So that's the problem?" He smirked.

Looking away I flushed as he chuckled and looked back at the clock that would not silence. The air was thick. Suffocating. Its chimes ticked away through the night as the sweating gradually grew worse, my breathing growing heavier. 

Everything consumed me. 

The heat. The small movements that caused my head to ache. The sweat that pooled around me.