Chapter Twelve

A/N: CHAPTER TWELVEE! 

Please comment below and give me your thoughts on the new version or what you are thinking! I would love to hear from everybody!!!

Chapter Twelve:

"I don't get it," Carter stated when we left the hall. "How could they possibly allow over nine-hundred people to die?!"

Breakfast was tough, the food wasn't poisoned which was nice. But everyone was quiet, in a sullen silence to hear that we had just lost so many people. And it sounded more than just an elimination.

"I don't know," I sighed.

Walking down the marbled stairs, Carter and I continued along the path that led to the left where multiple buildings were in the distance. I never noticed that when we first arrived.

"But the fact is, they were the ones who poisoned us," he ran a hand down his face.

I nodded. "Do you think that's why we never see anyone return? That the ones who don't make the top one-hundred are killed?"

He shook his head frantically.

"No, it can't be," he denied. "It can't be, someone would have said something. They can't do that."

I frowned as the wind tousled my hair. "They can do whatever they want."

He didn't reply as we turned left again in unison, the path just reaching past the main hall. Following the path in silence, the hall now to the left of us, I saw a large sign a little ahead. It was green, and had many arrows pointing in different directions, outlining the different rooms and what each small building around us was.

The buildings included: Weights Room, Gym Hall, Obstacle, Swimming Pool, Gym, Fighting Arena, Weapons and Training Hall, Library, Workshop Class, Survival 101, and ITFA (Intelligence Training For All).

Eleven options, eleven places.

I found it weird that these were built for our benefit. Why offer things for us to keep entertained, why not directly just do all the tests? But what worried me the most was the name of some of the facilities. Why would we need a Fighting Arena? Or why a Weapons and Training Hall? Survival 101? Why anything as ludicrous as that?

From beside me Carter let out a low whistle. "Wow."

"Why does it sound like we are training for the army?"

Carter shrugged, "Beats me."

The wind picked up, despite the hot aura we had around us. The blazing sun didn't help calm the wind down, but it was more like a cold wind than a hot breeze. Wrapping my arms around my chest, I tried to stay warm, thankful for the jeans I had worn today. My hair tied up flew into my face and I frantically held it in my hand to stop it from whipping me harshly.

"I want to see the Weights Room," Carter let out a cold breath. I replied with, "I wonder what the Gym Hall is."

"Meet up in an hour or so?" Asked Carter after a few seconds and I nodded in response.

He smiled before winking at me and walking towards the left, behind the main hall where the weights room was at the end of the small lane.

I watched him walk away, his muscles contracting and begin showing on the much too tight black shirt he wore. His back and arm muscles clearly defined, giving me an enjoyable view. His long baggy trousers hung loose on him as he walked.

He looked over suddenly without me realising and caught me staring after him again. Instantly my face turned red. A smirk rose on his face as he laughed into the wind and looked forwards but not without calling over his shoulder. "I know you find me irresistible."