Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I AM SO SORRY!!!!

So sorry for the late update!!! Wattpad like shut down on me and would not let me post anything until today!!! But hope all is well, and here is (finally) a chapter to post!

Please comment below and give me your thoughts on the new version or what you are thinking! I would love to hear from everybody!!!

Chapter Fifteen:

Sitting in my room, I was thankful for the privacy I now had as someone had reattached all the doors from a few days ago. It took longer than I would have anticipated to get all the doors back on. Now there was no more peaking and seeing curious faces stare into my room when I tried to relax on my bed alone.

I was not even exaggerating as yesterday some girl poked her head into the room, leaning on the wall staring at Carter. He was lying in bed shirtless as he always does, refusing to wear a shirt. I had to negotiate and argue with him enough to ensure he kept pants on and did not lounge around with only boxers. The girl had simply looked him up and down and gave him a flirtatious wink as she told him her room number, only a few doors down from ours before sauntering away, swinging her hips.

The moonlight from outside hit against the science text book I had open before me. It was easier to read in the natural light rather than the bright yellow light of the room that made the walls appear yellow and reflected off the pages, creating a shine that was hard to read on.

If only I could have turned the lights off to bathe within the moonlight to my right, but it was more important that I continued to read and got used to not having to sound out the words on the page before me. Ashamedly, it took me over ten minutes to read a single paragraph from having to take my time to sound out and place the words together on the sheet before me.

It was more as if I was learning to read rather than trying to retain information on the page before me.

Carter lounged on his bed staring at the ceiling above him, humming to himself which irked me to no end. He had books lying around him on the bed but he had decided to take a break from reading and decided to annoy me out of boredom. And by break it has lasted all night.

It surprised me to know that he was educated properly, his father, the blacksmith of Redlake had put a lot of money into his education so he was able to do his job properly and efficiently. It now annoyed me how he did not seem to be taking this too seriously. He did struggle a bit as he showed in the library. But I was also miffed at myself that I struggled so much.

"Hey, Blue," Carter dragged out distracting me from the paragraph I was trying to read. "I'm bored," he whined.

He had repeated that phase to me about ten times within the last few minutes. He had decided to dedicate his boredom to annoying me for some sort of entertainment. He had said he found pleasure in seeing me annoyed at him and that it had fuelled his amusement. Even some of the things he had said to me didn't even make sense. And slowly, it was becoming more, and more impossible to ignore him. I needed my full concentration in sounding out the words and processing them, and when he split my concentration, it made it ever so harder to do so.

But it was only so long before I snapped at him and this only seemed to make things worse for me. It seemed that me yelling at him and calling him an annoying asshole, and telling him you're snoring is enough to make anyone leave you, and if you did not shut up, you will find a stick up your ass, was the best way to entertain him and the worst sort of fuel as he wanted me to blow again.

The only thing he said in response, was when he hummed in amusement and smirked, nodding and looking back to the ceiling. The triumphant look on his face made me clench my fist so tightly and he knew that he had gotten to me when the sound of my page tearing slightly when I turned it echoed through the silent room.